Friday, December 9, 2022

Happy day

 One of you commented on the cat blanket in the earlier post. It came home with Lukas from a recent hospital stay and is his favorite thing to curl up on for naps in his chair.

At present he is blissfully asleep in our bed. The vet saw him today and I'm relieved to say there is nothing awry in his belly and both breakfast and medication have gone down well.

I am tired from our late nights and when I dragged myself into the kitchen in search of sustenance, the thing that made me smile was a small bunch of sunflowers, fully opened. 

What brings a smile to you today?


Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons and Freidrich Bohringer, 2008


5 comments:

Wilma said...

This post of yours made me smile!
Also snuggling on the bed with dog on this rainy day.

Boud said...

Very glad Lukas is doing well. That certainly brought a smile, even without sunflowers.

Elephant's Child said...

I am so glad to read this. It makes me happy. And love the thought of being greeted by sunflowers. Thanks for the update on that lovely blanket too.

Marie Smith said...

Loved the sunflower. Oh to be in sunflower season again! Good news about Lukas!

Anonymous said...

The photo you shared brings a smile to my face. It's a welcome sight since we had a snowstorm today!