Sunday, November 27, 2022

What we did

Thanksgiving at chez moi was a quiet affair. I slept into afternoon, only arising when himself demanded food and attention. After a somewhat restorative hot shower and a cup of tea, I made a pot of matzoh ball soup which included cabbage, carrot and broccoli bits, did two loads of laundry and set about making us both a decent dinner. Lukas got a feast of turkey and gravy while I opted for baked fish, green salad, summer squash and a mixed vegetables. Dessert was a square of no sugar added chocolate for me and an extra scratch beneath  his chin for my adoring feline.

Purple Matthiola adorned my setting, a favorite color and scent. Never a traditionalist, I enjoyed the ease of the day.

What about you?




7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

That looks and sounds delicious. And of course Lukas also got a treat to enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you both had good food and good company!

Boud said...

Sounds like a good day, restful and well fed.

Ms. Moon said...

My Thanksgiving was about the opposite of yours but it was fun. And a ginger cat did lurk about somewhere.

Wilma said...

We didn't do anything special at all for Thanksgiving. We had pasta with clam sauce for dinner, leftover from the night before. It's not a holiday in Belize, so it was just a regular day. But I did enjoy seeing what my sibs (and others) did to celebrate!

DUTA said...

Matzo balls - my favorite! The rest of the food sounds delicious! Your cat is adorable!

Wisewebwoman said...

Best dining companion ever! And a fab menu.

I like dining along, often do the candles and flowers thing too and now that I have regained mobility somewhat I enjoy the chopping and slicing and getting everything put together.

XO
WWW