Thursday, November 10, 2022

Safe and happy

 Nicole, now a tropical storm, is currently moving through here with lots of rain and wind and is expected to exit the State tonight. While it is dark. windy and wet, we in my part of the State were lucky in comparison to those on the east coast whose homes face possible collapse due to erosion or flooding. It is not pleasant here but I'll gladly take it. Please spare some thoughts for those less fortunate.

Lukas and I were awakened by wind and rain in the earliest hours of today. He wanted up on the bed with me and as the ever  helpful servant I am, I obliged and we dozed until pill time. The increase in his laxative medication has produced happy results and since he last went on Sunday I am sure he is more comfortable now as well.

Today would be my mother's eighty-fourth birthday were she around to celebrate. I'll raise a cup of my favorite tea later this evening.

Wishing everyone a good day.

7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am so very glad to hear all of your good news, while not forgetting those who are less fortunate.
Have a wonderful day.

Boud said...

Happy birthday to her! Nice to remember her today. And I'm glad you're both safe if a bit damp.

Wilma said...

Thanks for letting us know that you and Lukas are ok. I have been thinking about you and hoping for the best.

Ms. Moon said...

We're getting rain and some gusts. Not much. There may be more coming but so far- a nice, cozy day here.

Wisewebwoman said...

so happy you are safe e and Florida is taking a battering. We get the tail end of your storms here in Newfoundland except for Fiona which wreaked havoc north of here.
A rough time for many, many people and rebuilding will take a long time.
XO
WWW

Anonymous said...

So pleased to hear that you are both safe!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Glad you are safe and weathered the storm. We faired well here in South Florida as well..