Thursday, November 17, 2022

Lukas Portrait

 During  the summer I commissioned a digital portrait of Lukas. The artist is a young woman whose work I saw on a friend's pet sitting page. I paid up front and was expecting a final product within a month, as she indicated. After waiting past the allotted time, and receiving some updates along the way, I contacted the artist and nicely enquired about her deadline. She apologized, saying she had a problem with time management. Three weeks later, I received a video containing sketches and a portrait, along with the link to a company called Canvaspop which can put photos and digital paintings on ready to hang canvas.

I sent the digital painting in despite some misgivings, choosing a different







background color. then called the company and actually spoke with someone who was helpful in sending two separate backgrounds in colors that I liked. I also decided to use a photo rather than the digital painting which is too brown and lacks texture. 

This is the proof  we came up with using the photo. You can see his fur, the M on his forehead and his eyes. I ordered three, two as gifts and one to hang here. When done, the final product is supposed to have the appearance of an oil painting. 



10 comments:

Boud said...

That's going to be great. Yes, you need to see the texture of his fur. I hope he approves the final product.

Ms. Moon said...

You love your cat so dearly!

Wilma said...

I hadn't noticed before how pale - almost white - Lukas' muzzle is. He is handsome boy!

Elephant's Child said...

That is truly beautiful and melts my stony heart.

The Happy Whisk said...

That came out so neat!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looking good! What a lovely idea.

Wisewebwoman said...

Beautiful portrait of a beloved, e. I had a similar experience in attempting to purchase one of Ansa. A friend of my grandgirl's who did portrait pets for a living. She never responded to my requests for final product, moved to New York, and I never heard from her again. Grandgirl has, she's having a good life. I was so angry but kept it to myself.
XO
WWW

LL Cool Joe said...

What a great idea I love the final image. Yeah artists are crap at time management. :D

Friko said...

So what happened to the actual portrait? Did you ever get one that you liked?
I had a portrait painted of two of my dogs by the same artist, they turned out really well; I had them framed and they are now displayed on my walls.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog