Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Bad weather and a flagging spirit

 Nicole, whether hurricane or tropical storm, is expected to make her presence felt late Wednesday night or early Thursday. I've gotten some provisions in case the power gets dicey but have no plans to go anywhere. The flashlights. phone and battery operated radio are all in good order and I made the decision to purchase no more perishable food until absolutely necessary and just eat what is already here. Extra water and pantry items were easy to come by and I've plenty of food for Lukas. Years of living here have taught me not to forecast what I think may happen. Every weather event is different and the systems out there now will keep us on our toes, whatever the outcomes.

Today was election day and I've spent the evening watching several candidates give concession speeches. I've heard nothing about local races yet but don't anticipate much blue other than how I feel at the moment. Whether from tiredness or cumulative stress, I hope to revive my flagging spirit with some sleep.

Lukas is happily dreaming in his favorite chair. He loves the pink blanket and before heading to his beauty rest, my decidedly not a lap cat boy spent time on my lap purring and licking my hand. Thanks to all of you for keeping Lukas in good thoughts recently.

Sweet dreams!

8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Heartfelt hugs and hopes are flowing your way.

Steve Reed said...

Sleep well and let's hope you feel better. The elections are looking pretty good, actually -- better than I expected!

Ms. Moon said...

Well, we are definitely going to get some weather. It's already gusting here- how about there?

Wilma said...

Glad you have Lukas with you as Nicole approaches; may you both stay safe.

Boud said...

I'm glad your experience of storms is standing you in good stead. And that Lukas is back at his post.

The Happy Whisk said...

Happily dreaming. So cute!

Poppy Q said...

Glad your boy is home with you.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

We had a lot of heavy rain and fog in South Florida but not too much wind. Today it is beautiful and sunny again.