Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Eardrops and bribery

Our first day with  the new ear meds went more smoothly than I'd imagined. The ear pill is given every twelve hours, the drops in each ear every twenty-four. The only hint of a fuss was when Lukas decided he'd had quite enough of the ear bath and began to shake his head. I closed the ear flap with my finger, produced one treat and then another containing his various pills, and after three bites with no objections, purring commenced. Having eaten an entire three ounce can of breakfast hours ago, he happily resumed warming my spot on the bed.

Nothing better than a cooperative feline friend.

Cheers!




7 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh well done Lukas, a cat who behaves and goes with the flow. I hope he heals soon.
XO
WWW

Ms. Moon said...

Sounds like he is doing quite well!

Wilma said...

The hidden pill strategy works great for our dogs, but then again they will eat anything. Glad it worked with Lukas and hope he is better soon.

Boud said...

Well, none of my cats was remotely as cooperative as Lukas. He's a prince among felines.

Steve Reed said...

That is definitely the cat satisfaction pose! LOL

Elephant's Child said...

I am so very glad that Lukas is cooperating and eating. And have my fingers crossed for my own moggies.

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Lukas is a sweetheart.