Lukas tried hiding beneath the settee today as a way to prevent his transport to the vet. As it was Tuesday, and not a visit day, I left him to his own devices for an hour or so. When he was slow to emerge, I did shift that piece of furniture. His head was hidden but his tail was obvious. I laughed and gave him a pet. He spent most of the day in his favorite chair and did not eat as much as normal. We've had a run of really good days in the last two weeks. I hope that hiding does not become a habit. I will see later today.
Cheers...

4 comments:
Poor Lukas. Jazz is having a bad patch at the moment so I feel for both you and Lukas.
I can only imagine that Lukas is seeking time, as animals do, to ponder whatever it is that animals ponder when they are alone.
You made me laugh as I had a dog years ago who would hide under a bush in our back garden and as I called her, her tail (which stuck out) would wag in appreciation that I was there but she wasn't interested enough to come in and needed more meditation time - or whatever our animals do when hiding from us. They really are bad at the job.
I hope Lukas returns to himself soon.
XO
WWW
That would make me laugh too. Our cats used to leave their tails outside when they hid (usually they too only did it when a vet visit was on the cards, they seemed to have a genuinely telepathic knowledge of when I was considering it too!
Post a Comment