So, don't you think you should be writing about weightier things? I mean., who really cares about sauce?
I blinked, took a breath and decided to answer rather than simply issuing a passing remark.
Yes, there are certainly weightier things, a power-hungry Russian with nuclear capabilities, a worldwide pandemic that is not over, both despite and because of, poor personal behavior, disinformation and our politicians turning public health and collective welfare into a divisive issue...
I could go on. But I won't. The journalists, pundits and politicians are doing more than enough of that...
I am simply trying to survive as an older woman on her own with a disability who is vulnerable to COVID, opposes war and nuclear armament (although that horse left the barn long ago) and who does not wish to take to my bed with depression or despair.
For those of you not wishing to read about me, my cat, the people still in my life or my thoughts on sauce and other things, go forth and find another life and read you like more.
7 comments:
I think many people feel like you do, e. Please keep writing about your life.
It's your blog - write or post what you want. I enjoyed learning about the sauce of you childhood. Like you, I find that I need to think of things in addition to what is happening in Ukraine. I don't think for a minute that you are trivializing the situation, just finding you own way to keep on going.
E I love your blog and understand totally that you get to write what you want to. Your space, your choice. Your friends support you.
Someone left that comment? Ridiculous. It's not your job to address all the world's ills.
Hi e: it's a difficult time all around. I can't believe that Putin has instituted a terrorist attack on Ukraine. I just can't believe it.
I come here to read these blogs to avoid the news etc. I absolutely love reading about other people’s daily lives!
Gypsisoul1111 Thanks for visiting and I hope you come back. Have a good day.
Post a Comment