Monday, January 17, 2022

To sleep the sleep of the just...

  The sun has set on another day. It is a cool 54 degrees and was cloudy for most of it. I've spent the lions share of this day finally and blissfully asleep as has the resident feline. After being up for almost twenty-four hours over the weekend, exhaustion set in and except for a couple of small meals and trips to the bathroom, neither of us moved much. Unfortunately, my sleep cycles appear to be well and truly a mess despite all efforts to the contrary. For now, I'm sleeping as and when and reducing screen time. 

Late-night binge watching is out as well and while meditation helps, so do quiet, warmth and stillness, none of which predominate in a drafty flat with old windows and buildings close together. 

I hope all is well with each of you.



Cheers!



7 comments:

Wilma said...

i bet it's hard to return to a more normal sleep cycle when there is no compelling reason to do so. I love the daylight too much to sleep away the morning, but have no problem taking an afternoon nap!

Boud said...

So sorry to hear about your sleep disruption. You've mentioned it before, and I'm distressed that you're dealing with this. So hard in today's situation to reestablish regular good sleep. I wish you will be able to find your equilibrium soon.

Elephant's Child said...

Hugs.
My sleep cycle is a mess too. Jazz doesn't help, but cannot carry all of the blame. Look after yourself please.

Ms. Moon said...

All I know is that I sleep a LOT! More than I should, probably.

Steve Reed said...

Do you have any kind of home exercise equipment, something to work out your upper body or get your heart pumping? That might really help you sleep. I find I have a lot of trouble sleeping if I'm not getting exercise. Even stretching bands might help.

It also might help to keep your blinds/drapes open (if you're not already) so your body gets cues from the sunlight. Just a thought!

Wisewebwoman said...

I am relieved and empathetic E on your sleep patterns. I'm having a terrible time. But maybe I need to accept it. I was up at 6.30 a.m. yesterday and into bed at 9.00pm. Up again at 2.30 and back to bed at 5.00 a.m. I am completely discombobulated. And ill at ease.

XO
WWW

Jenny Woolf said...

Disrupted sleep makes everything seem difficult. I have found that making myself keep regular hours works best, but it takes a while for my body to get the message. It is also thought to be good to go out in the sunshine in the morning, as this will help reset your body clock. You probably know all this stuff.