After going to bed at 2 AM, I was up at 6 and have since made a pot of split pea soup which should give me several meals. This, together with leftovers from New Years day, will keep me going for most of this week as I eat what is left in the refrigerator. Thanks to everyone who left New Year and holiday wishes. I hope 2022 will be good for all of you.
The last two years have been very hard for many people all over the globe. At this moment, it does not appear that there will be any let up, I take each day as it comes and enjoy what I can, offering support as I am able. I currently know four people with breakthrough COVID and the numbers here are higher than at any time in the past two years. We are also experiencing record heat for the season and waiting for a cold front early in the week.
I have no resolutions and no expectations. I only wish to stay alive and well...
Soup's on...Enjoy your day!
12 comments:
No resolutions here, either. If they aren't good enough to decide to do at any time of the year, there's no point in trying them at New Year's.
I've been thinking about split pea soup myself.
Soon, maybe?
Our virus numbers are skyrocketing here. Vaccinated or not people still seem to get it. The plus side is that it seems to be less severe for those who have been vaccinated. My anti-social ways will continue. Enjoy your soup and your left overs.
E, I can't resist teasing you about that photo. It looks like a muddy koi pond! I hope the soup is good, though, and may we all stay healthy in the coming year! :)
I do love peasoup E, Something so filling about it and also the aroma. Variant O is taking over the world but I believe it will all die out rather soon. Just like the Spanish flu in its time.
XO
WWW
I am thinking of making a fish stew, but I haven't decided whether to go with Thai style spin using coconut milk and lemon grass or more of a tomato-based Portuguese style. You would think that in our warm climate that soup wouldn't appeal, but we like it pretty often! Let's all stay healthy!
After an unexpectedly difficultly December - as much logistical as anything - I'm finally catching up on some of my favourite blogs to wish their authors a happy new year and say thanks for reading and commenting on mine. You are one of my longest-standing readers - thank you so much for that, for I appreciate it deeply.
I hope next year brings us all better times and plenty of words (and pictures) to inspire and entertain.
Best wishes
Mark
I had to go out today, or go hungry all week. I'm double vaxxed and boosted, and put on a double mask. I have little confidence in the current state of affairs.
Thanks everyone for your comments and good wishes.
Joanne--I am sorry you don't have more help or grocery delivery. You may want to consider getting some KN 95 masks with greater layers and more filtration. My friend who works at the health department recommended that to me as cloth masks don't offer a lot of protection against Omicron. Because there are some fakes of these, she found some on Amazon she felt were good and sent me the page in an email. Another thing you can consider if you must go out is combining your masks with a face shield, also available online. If you want further information let me know.
Wilma--that soup/ stew sounds divine either way. I hope you enjoy it.
WWW--The original variant of Spanish flu morphed just as this has but we still have flu and it still kills people every year. Hoisting a cuppa soup in your direction.
Mark--What a lovely message. Thank you.
Steve--at least it tastes much better than that. I blame my phone and the angle.
EC--My antisocial ways are continuing as well apparently at the cost of some so-called friends.
Ms Moon--great minds think alike! I am sorry about your friend passing away.
John Bellen--Welcome and thanks for visiting. I agree about resolutions though I do have two looming projects--getting my dear cat to his vaccine appointment and clearing my desk. I hope the new year is good for you.
Yes the last two years were hard, wish you all the best for the new year
Like you e, i do not have resolutions either or expectations either. And like you I am wishing life, especially when their are so many around us who don't seem to care other than their entitlement. Thank you too for your kind comments over the years.
Split pea soup sounds delicious! Let's hope that 2022 will get better as time goes on.
Post a Comment