I have been on the phone much of the afternoon and evening. My replacement castors, spacer and axel kits have been ordered and will be here on Monday. Thanks to the company which built my titanium chair frame, I got the serial numbers and parts numbers needed and a referral to an online vendor for the parts. After speaking with them, I also have some how-to videos and a schematic as well as someone to call and offer to walk me through should I encounter difficulties at the time of installation. Dave at DME Hub was very helpful. We shall see...
This situation has also brought home the need for a second chair which will be the next thing I research and which could take a bit of time to do properly as there are many chairs and features to consider as well as one's budget, daily use, travel and more. As it will be out-of-pocket, all must be carefully thought through.
Any and all good thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers!
7 comments:
Ive been wondering about affording a second chair. Seems like a good alternative to the stress of trying to keep one in good repair. I hope you can manage it.
And hat's off to you for succeeding in getting all the info you needed to keep the current one going. I hope fervently you can get it done without the stress of a technician in the house
Of course I am happy to send oceans of good thoughts your way.
And I do hope that this time things finally go right. It does seem more promising.
Sending you massive good wishes with this project. It's such a critical component to your well-being and I hope the progress you've made with contact info and videos helps to at least reduce your stress until the actual repairs are complete. A back-up/second chair would be ideal, but as you say it will need to be carefully considered to meet so many constraints. Good luck, e. And pats for the Lukas :)
What a terrific company! I am sure you'll be able to do the repairs. And good luck in your research for another chair.
When I needed my chair Daughter scoured Kijiji and found a sporty red racerish one with large wheels for trails. Of course I was pushed rather than independent like you but it might be a good source for a search. Mine was brand new and only $150 and collapsed easily and quickly.
Also Facebook has an area market where you can insert what you are looking for. I found my kitchen island that way.
Good luck!
XO
WWW
I'm glad you're getting those wheels worked on! Did I damage them on the railroad tracks? LOL
as you may have noted I've been away from blogging for a month or so, but have come by to Wish you a restful festive break too, hope to resume blogging come the New Year. Take care until then my blogger friend. And always, sending good thoughts your way.
Post a Comment