Quite a few of you thought the chair situation an ordeal. Let me assure you that it normal and that the person I spoke with does know her job and because she normally deals with insurance paperwork and requesting prescriptions, it can take unnecessary amounts of time to schedule and get things done. When I got this chair in 2009, I saw the seating specialist in February and got the made to order chair in July. Repairs are usually done within days. The person I spoke with has in the interim sent me an Allen key kit free of charge which may help me tighten various items on this chair such as the break handles. Over time, these can become loose.
It has rained here today and last evening and has been cloudy since. Though the sun may yet shine, I expect more rain and despite the water, the temperature remains at a steamy 80 degrees. Lukas, who normally searches out the largest sun spot available has instead curled himself into a ball on our bed. A nap sounds great to me.
My attempts to schedule a booster are stalled. After calling the number for the homebound program from which I received my original injection on 31 March, I was told that the State is not doing boosters in my County at this point and given the main number to Public Health which is only a recording advising that vaccines are available at local pharmacies. The website has no information on boosters or locations and when I visit pharmacy websites, I need to specify Moderna or Pfizer as J and J doesn't appear to be available despite having been approved for boosters.
Apart from the fact that I am basically homebound due to mobility issues as well as transport concerns, at this point, I am scratching my head in bewilderment. It appears my original vaccine now offers only minimal protection as I am a bit past the six month mark since it was given, and I must mask up and go into a large store in which more and more people are maskless which increases my risk as an already vulnerable individual in order to take a vaccine to further protect myself. My immediate response to this is oh, for fuck's sake! And I mean every impolite syllable of that response.
Bearing in mind that I've not been beyond the parking lot outside my door since March of 2020, I find the whole idea daunting as hell. I am also reading a letter from my insurer informing me that my doctor no longer accepts payment from them. She is with a university medical clinic and I was not aware that she as an individual could refuse any Medicare provider since that clinic takes just about everything...The same response above applies here.
Happy Monday.

5 comments:
Oh for fucks sake indeed. Second verse the same as the first, just a little bit louder and a whole lot worse.
This is awful. They're suggesting that j and j recipients use the moderna booster, better protection. If they can get it, that is. I was hoping you could get the home attendance again.
You can mix and match the brands. I'd find a ride, make the appointment and get the shot.
If you originally got J&J, I've read that the recommendation is to get Pfizer or Moderna for the booster.
I never stopped masking up in most public spaces. I don't imagine that will change for a while. I got my booster a few weeks ago.
Post a Comment