It is early morning here and awakened by the cat at 4 AM, I have eaten, fed him and endeavored to deal with a loose caster screw in one of my small front wheels. Much to my chagrin, despite having every flat and Philips head screw drivers, nothing is working so I am now going to search for a repair kit for my 2009 Tilite and hope I find something that works.
I ordered two cushion covers for the seat and got exactly what I did not want. The middleman seller is a supplier and not the manufacturer, so several phone calls later, I placed a new order for what is now a custom item and was told I could keep the covers from the original order. The second order is for what is called a shower cap cover. No zips which break because they are nylon, and no pockets. They are easy to put on and take off with simple elastic but the areas around the elastic now have holes. I have used duct tape on the underside and I'm looking for a patch for the top. Most of those are iron on and I don't own an iron. I will need to see if the multiple holes can be repaired with thread.
After several dry, overcast days, it is once again pouring rain as I write, no doubt from some system. As long as it is not a hurricane, the water is welcome, though we seem to have had an overabundance this summer. As always, I eagerly await our typically rainless, somewhat cooler winter.
The kitchen at chez moi has been an uncharacteristic hive of activity as split pea and matzoh ball soups, salads and a new-to-me breakfast cookie were attempted and enjoyed. The cookies were found on You Tube courtesy of Dani Spies at Clean and Delicious. The basic recipe is three ingredients: rolled oats, mashed banana and chocolate chips. My choice of chips is from Lily's Chocolate and are stevia sweetened which contain no added sugar.
They were baked at 350 on a parchment lined tray, cooled and placed in the refrigerator in a covered container. They will bake up to the size you form and I got 10 from the recipe because I formed them slightly larger. The hardest part was letting a mixture of two large fork-mashed bananas mixed with one cup rolled oats sit for 20 minutes so the oats could absorb some of the moisture before baking. Neglecting this step leaves the cookies dry and crumbly, as I discovered. According to Ms. Spies, this recipe is flexible. You can ditch the chips for raisins and or nuts, add a dash of vanilla, honey, maple syrup or cinnamon or whatever you like. I will enjoy experimenting with some nuts or flax or other dried fruit but liked the taste, texture and simplicity of the original with tea or coffee. I cannot seem to abide oat meal in a bowl but this is a nice alternative.
My birthday was a quiet affair with a few cards and messages and an unexpected gifted bag of shelled pistachios, a long with two books from a friend.
Lukas and I are fine and plan to catch up on various things here in the next couple of days. Cheers and stay well.
10 comments:
Happy birthday, e! And many more.
I like the sound of that breakfast recipe, and have noted the source, thank you. Good luck on the wheel diy. Is this wear and tear, mainly?
Sounds like you're staying busy. Those breakfast cookies are a good alternative to oatmeal in a bowl which I, like you, do not like. I used to. I think I ate it too often.
Happy belated birthday!
That breakfast recipe sounds really delicious.
We are awaiting Hurricane Larry out here, arriving tonight. Forecast does not look good. We (my domicile) are right in its path of high winds. Fingers crossed.
XO
WWW
You have been busy - and those cookies sound delicious (and very versatile).
I hope you can fix that loose caster wheel and soon.
Happy belated birthday - I hope the books are a joy.
That recipe could turn into cookies around here.
Sorry I missed your birthday, due to my eye issues my time online is more limited. Here in the UK we've had a very wet but warm summer. Grey and overcast nearly every day, but muggy, and as we move into autumn it will be more of the same, but much cooler.
I'm glad you and Lukas are fine.
I absolutely love split pea soup and can't wait for cooler weather so I can make it without turning the house into a sauna.
Those breakfast cookies sound excellent and I'm going to give them a try. I'm not a banana fan but it's one of the few fruits that's low enough in acid to not bother my stomach. And I'm with you on the oatmeal, although I sometimes like it in the evening. But mostly I'd rather eat it in some other form. Thanks for the heads up on the recipe.
It's bad enough having things break around the house but to have your means of mobility compromised would be an extra layer of worry. I hope you find the tool you need. I'm trying to think of what other way you could make iron-on patches work; the only thing I can think of, besides borrowing a regular iron, is a curling iron if you have one.
Well, the problems with the cushions and wheel sound annoying as all hell.
The cookies - yum. I'm going to look those up.
Thanks for the belated birthday wishes and I hope you enjoy the cookies if you try them. The chair and cushion issues are ongoing unfortunately. I hope those of you in the path of weather systems are well, dry and safe today.
Re the holes in the cushion cover. This is tape that people use to fix holes in sails and vinyl siding. Might be worth a try.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBOij4o1p-0&ab_channel=Sailrite
Post a Comment