The brushes and their electric wand came today and I was set to spend part of the evening testing the device. Nonplussed after discovering four brush heads, a USB cord, a wand and no adapter, I called and confirmed that no adapter was meant to be included before ordering a universal adapter from Amazon. It should arrive by Friday. Instead, I attended my virtual meditation meeting.
My meditation group leader is an older man who has much of his experience with veterans through their hospital system. He is kindly, liberal and loves his family and friends as well as his service dog. The other group members are also in his age range and although we all enjoy the group post-practice, I've begun to tire of constant talk of vaccines, politics and weather that tend to dominate conversations. As the youngest person there, at 61, I ventured into the world of yoga, meditation and breathwork years ago and now face adapting my former regimen, a subject I raised this evening.
As I'm talking. I notice him speaking over me and sort of "mansplaining" why he isn't doing a yoga group any longer. When I point out that I am not asking for a yoga class because I don't want to do what is commonly known as chair yoga, instead preferring my bed at home, he segues into a joke. At this point, I say thanks and goodnight, knowing now that my original reluctance to discuss anything personal in this group was on target but still scratching my head...
5 comments:
I'm in a centering prayer group, and leave before the chat has gone on at the end for long. Similar reasons. I don't want to talk about vaccine. Politics doesn't come up, but people promoting their meditation programs does. I think it's inappropriate, so I leave.
It never ends, does it?
Sigh. Speaking over others is rude. And increasingly common, which I suspect silences a lot of people permanently.
Oh brother!
Good grief. So rude.
Post a Comment