It is 3:20AM and I am about to head to bed. I have cleaned for most of the day but there is more to do,,,
One of you readers mentioned that when your husband was ill, sleep was often upside down, with waking hours being in the deepest night. That is what has happened here though I am attempting a return to a more conventional sleeping pattern with the aid of breathwork, meditation and sitting yoga. The pain in my back and elsewhere stems from my quadratus lumborum, so lots of stretching and a heating pad as well. Other orthopedic issues complicate this scenario and will for the remainder of my life and there is no magic cure-all ahead for me.
I have been dusting, sorting and wiping down every surface within reach and invested in some microfiber dusters on a telescopic pole. My bedroom is in much better shape and while not perfect, is no longer causing either Lukas or I to sneeze. The doors and most of the baseboards have been done, the bathroom is done daily and the kitchen is always wiped down between meals. I wash and clear as I go. The floors and a bit of laundry remain and I am researching steam mops. A set of telescopic brushes with power heads and varying speeds are due to arrive shortly. Whether they will live up to their advertising is anyone's guess, Ever the sceptic, I await results.
Currently I survive on salads and ping meals which isn't ideal even if they offer organic ingredients. There is a part of me that wants better while the other part knows I should just accept what is...
Sweet dreams...
10 comments:
What's a ping meal? I hope your cleaning apparati measure up! In answer to your question about recycling books -- sadly, we've been told they're not recyclable because of the glue used in the binding.
Microwave cooking, as in the device pings when your meal for one is ready to eat...sad about those books.
It sounds as if you are being very industrious, Ms. e! I should take a note from your book.
I am sorry to read this. It is just after 4am here and I am up for the day, after a patchy night. The ability to sleep is something that I took for granted many years ago. I was wrong.
I first came across the term 'ping meals' a while ago and thought how appropriate it was. I hope you can put them to one side again soon.
Ping is a new term to me. It sounds as if you're doing great work despite the difficulty. I hope you can move your day and night back to their places.
Ping meals is a great name, I've never heard it before.
I go through patches of sleeping really well, then really badly. This never ending lockdown here in he UK has screwed up my body clock completely. I hope things improve for you.
Hi! I think you are now operating in the same timezone as me over here in Southern Africa, due to your nocturnal habits! The cleaning achievements are most impressive, hope the aches & pains ease a bit.
In Wales the coloquial name for microwave is 'Popty Ping'
The correct naming is popty microdon but everybody says ping instead.
I love the term "Ping Meals". We have "steamers" here which are somewhat healthy and varied. My go to.
XO
WWW
I have worlds of energy for outside work, but can't quite muster it up for housework. Wish I could.
Post a Comment