The last several says here have seen a shift to cooler weather. Busily working on family history and starting a tree for extended family, I've found myself in the unenviable position of discovering a live person who may be an unknown half-sibling to an aunt by marriage and her remaining sister.
I'm not sure she even wants this information and apart from suggesting that it is possible I await record confirmation which her daughter will do in the UK.
Additionally, I've begun the rather laborious process of creating a separate tree with the information I have collected for them just so I can keep my own tree for those with whom I share DNA.
My very Southern maternal grandmother's Quaker lines are now taking me beyond the Catskills and into Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Apart from this, there was the election and finally the least dignified concession anyone has ever seen.
As we all wonder what may happen next, the president-elect is getting on with the things he can and should. It will be refreshing to have adults at the helm once more.
My thanks to those of you who left kind words regarding Lukas. For the moment, he soldiers on, eating and taking his Miralax. He has started sleeping with me and otherwise enjoys his comforts.
I wish all of my American readers a happy and safe Thanksgiving,
Cheers!

15 comments:
I am glad to hear (very glad) that Lukas is doing well.
I am also glad to see (finally) a very ungracious sort of concession from your current Presidential pretender.
I hope your Thanksgiving (a holiday I would gladly celebrate) is both happy and healthy. And safe.
I'm so happy to hear that Lukas is holding his own. My sister has done a lot of our family's genealogy and has reunited several relatives some of who knew about each other and others who were surprises to each other including a new grandfather for me.
So did you do a DNA test? I can't remember. I suppose you must have. And which web site(s) are you using for your research? I really am starting to feel as if I could fall down that rabbit hole pretty easily.
Good for Lukas! You are a good caretaker for your dear companion.
I've heard before of the dilemma of making a discovery and wondering if the people likely to be most affected already know, or want to know, and whose job would it be to tell them. I'm looking out for more of this thread!
So you're researching your family tree. I'm sure this will occupy a decent chunk of your time, will run you into some dead ends ( no pun intended) and turn up some unexpected revelations.
I have access to two branches of my family tree, one on the maternal side and one on the paternal side. Someone else did all the hard work...
I won't comment on the results of your elections, it's best if I keep my opinions to myself, me being a foreigner and all that.
:-)
Alphie
I'm glad to hear Lukas is doing well.
As an adopted person I have no history at all. It actually doesn't bother me.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks. Thanksgiving will be spent alone with Lucas, as safe as I can make it and I'll enjoy a fish dinner and a good book. Thanksgiving is a national day of mourning for the first nations tribes who initially befriended the pilgrims only to be slaughtered later.
Thanks. Wow, that must have been an interesting experience. You never know just what you'll uncover doing this.
There are several sites I use and I have the kit but have not mailed it yet. I try because what is the point of having an animal companion if you don't want to care for it properly?
Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting back to my own tree, more to be discovered.
It is the only chance I'll have to learn anything. My mother was disinterested and my grandmother made too much of one side to the exclusion of another.Thanks for your visit.
Thank you! Perhaps that is the best way to re-invent yourself which you have done.
Happy Thanksgiving, E! I'm glad Lukas is doing well.
I am so glad Lukas is better, and that's an interesting project on the family tree. I've been tempted to get around to it myself due to some "clangers" as to our "real" ancestry that my aunt dropped one time.
XO
WWW
I'm pleased to hear that Lukas is doing well. And I hope you are, too. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment