Thursday, May 7, 2020

Here and Now...

Thank you to everyone who left kind words on my last post. They are all appreciated.

I have been reading, writing, catching up with loved ones by phone and video chat, doing my best to keep my place clean and tidy, stretching and and doing all I can to stay positive. Zoom gatherings have become the norm and I have been doing some wheelchair yoga and meditation.

Sleep remains an unconquered issue. I'm still having problems staying asleep or at times falling asleep, so sometimes any attempt at a daily schedule is somewhat hampered, as is my physical functioning. Guided imagery helps with sleep somewhat and for that I am grateful. Past use of medication for this were not successful.

I will resume posting and visiting as I can and wish you all continued health and happiness. I leave you with a favorite image from years ago that still resonates with me.

8 comments:

Boud said...

I'm glad to hear from you, and that you're doing the best self care you can. I wish you better sleep, though.

Elephant's Child said...

That is a glorious image - thank you for sharing it.
I am sorry to hear of your sleep issues. There is good reason why so many cultures use sleep deprivation as torture. It is.
I have yet to tackle Zoom - but will have to.
Heartfelt hugs to you and Lukas.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Stay well!

Live and Learn said...

Sleep seems to elude many these days. I play a lot of alphabet and word games in my head trying to slow down my mind. Sometimes it works. I hope you have a restful night soon.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry to read that your sleep is still wonky. Here's to better nights ahead.

Steve Reed said...

I like the photo. Is that Ybor? I wish I had hints for sleeping more soundly. Exercise is always the key for me -- but it's hard during these crazy times when even leaving the house can be difficult or impossible.

e said...

No, not Ybor...St. Pete. It sounds like the cops are going to have a harder time enforcing the guidelines you have based on the confusion over Boris's remarks...Stay well.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the rest you need! There seem to be so many people have troubling sleeping lately.