Saturday, April 4, 2020

No Deliveries Available From Anywhere...

To follow up on my previous post, there are now no deliveries available from Amazon, Whole Foods, Shipt or Instacart. There is also no initiative from any governmental branch or agency to be sure that vulnerable people get food from anywhere in case anyone from the UK is tempted to ask. My last option is to either go myself in a wheelchair taxi or plead with someone to bring groceries to my door. That may get old quickly should anyone agree.

I hope you all are well.

8 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

This is horrible. Could you get a curbside delivery and have a friend pick it up and bring it to you? That would ease the trouble a little. And honestly- I doubt your friends would have much trouble getting you some groceries while they get their own.

Live and Learn said...

Just lost my very long comment, so let me summarize. No deliveries? Is that a FL thing? Let people help. Lot's of restless people who would be very happy to get groceries for you. Gives them something positive to do. If you don't want to bother friends; churches, Facebook groups, neighbors, and county agencies are all organizing volunteers who want to do just this kind of thing. Wishing you the best. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Elephant's Child said...

I am so very sorry to read this and hope (possibly against hope) that sanity prevails and that the vulnerable CAN get assistance. Support here is patchy but does exist, and is increasing.
Sending hugs and hope.

jenny_o said...

Maybe you could do a Google search for "Florida (use your specific area) help with errands volunteers". So many people want to help others right now but have no way of getting in touch with you. You must reach out to them instead. Good luck.

Shaheen said...

This is heartbreaking. we are seeing these wonderful initiatives on the news where neighbours are helping vulnerable people, but its not reaching everyone - like you and my MIL. My fiercely independent MIL lives in another city far from us at 77 is walking to the nearest shop or getting the taxi to the supermarket for grocery,she lives in a older ppl housing complex and noone from the authorities have checked on ppl living there. Its almost like ppl over 70 and people with disabilities are delib. being overlooked. Its really horrible. I hope someone does step up and offer support. but you must also reach out - something my MIL is not good at doing too x

Steve Reed said...

Weren't you going to a temple or synagogue for a while? (Maybe you still are.) Would someone there be available to help? I hope you can find someone to help out. I'm sorry it's such a nightmare to sort this out.

The Happy Whisk said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Is it a Florida-area delivery issue?
I am so so sorry. I hope you can find someone to bring you food.
If we lived closer, I'd do it for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is awful! I do hope you find the help you need.