They're sandhill cranes. And yes, they're cool! Unfortunately they're also not very bright, so they can often be found wandering around in parking lots and on roadways. I believe this is one of the few species whose numbers have been increasing in recent decades. They're prospering for some reason.
11 comments:
That is too cool! Are they flamingoes, herons?
I think they are herons...and they are cool!
Such elegant birds. Seeing them has already brightened my day. Thank you.
They're sandhill cranes. And yes, they're cool! Unfortunately they're also not very bright, so they can often be found wandering around in parking lots and on roadways. I believe this is one of the few species whose numbers have been increasing in recent decades. They're prospering for some reason.
Steve corrected me here...they are Sandhill Cranes...Thanks, Steve!
I'm glad...
Wow, I've never seen on in real life before. Cool.
Thank you. I was wondering about the red heads.
They are huge! I'd be a bit intimidated! But they are lovely and elegant.
Gorgeous! Thank you :o)
They are so pretty!
Post a Comment