It was Spring-like here today. Cerulean skies, a slight breeze and noticeable warmth. Meeting a friend for lunch at my apartment, neither of us had any problem deciding that we needed a venue with outside seating. A well-known brunch spot with scenic views of storefronts, parking and the eight-lane road which fronts my condominium was settled on. Seated quickly, we both ordered breakfasts and sat undisturbed once we were finished for a good, old-fashioned chinwag.
Confirmed bookworms, we then ventured to the only remaining brick and mortar bookstore in my area of town and browsed for a bit. I brought home a small diary from the two dollar clearance bin and a mug which was also reduced. Our adventure led to us talking about two mutual friends neither of us had seen for awhile. Upon returning to my apartment, calls were made and one of them will join us for lunch on Thursday. It will be a nice get-together.
Tomorrow, Lukas has an insanely early appointment for a dental cleaning and whatever needs doing to his teeth. Another friend is transporting him. He will come home Tuesday afternoon. Until he emerges from the anesthesia, I will fret, or maybe just strum my guitar.
Update: It is Monday at 4:30 AM, and I am busily trying to distract a cat who cannot understand why breakfast is not being served. This may be a very long day...
Cheers.

8 comments:
I am so glad you had a lovely spring-like day. Breakfast with a friend and then a book shop wander sounds blissful to me.
Of course you will worry about Lukas.
I am sending oceans of caring to you both.
Right now I'm longing for weather for sitting outside. Glad you had fun with your friend, and more to come.
As to Lukas, yes, I know how you can't stop thinking about a kitty under anesthesia. But he's in good hands. Let us know how he does.
' A well-known brunch spot with scenic views of storefronts, parking and the eight-lane road..’ Goodness, are you being ironic?
All the same, there is great pleasure in having a chat with a good friend, wherever that may be and finishing up at a book store is the icing on the cake.
Hope puss is going to be ok.
My poor cats- they never get to go to the vet!
Hasn't this weather been glorious?
Cats do not understand why they can't have food before a procedure. I'm sure Lukas and you will both be a lot happier on Tuesday. He can eat and you won't have to worry because the procedure will be over. Until then, find a good book for distraction.
Poor guy! Cats never take well to alterations in their routine! (I guess none of us do, really.) Glad you had a breakfast out and a chance to catch up with some friends. :)
I hope Lukas did well on his appointment! He should get together with my tabby. She likes to show up next to my bed at 4:30 AM to remind me that it's time for breakfast!
Isn't it nice to get a day like that in winter?
Post a Comment