A friend offered to take us to a discount retailer yesterday but after shedding six months of hair growth at the local chop shop, we both decided to call it an afternoon. I, who hate shopping, was looking for a toaster that might last the length of its minimal warranty. The last two have broken within three months and since toast is not a huge part of my breakfast experience, I've put off the task of finding another.
However, there were days when I was ill that a piece of toast would have fit the bill perfectly. Thus, after treating this friend to brunch at a small place in my neighborhood, we were mid-isle at the store when my friend, a note of panic in her voice, asked, "Have you seen my keys?"
Empty pockets, an emptied handbag and a scan of the ground around her vehicle yielded nothing. The keys, as it turned out had fallen behind the console between the two front seats.
A locksmith was called and misunderstanding my friend's directions, went to the other side of town after coming from an adjacent county. Waiting involved a lot of my friend fretting and me gently reminding her that it was nice out, despite the clouds, and all was not lost, We ended up at the store entrance near public bathrooms and a mini-cafe. When he finally arrived, the young locksmith was friendly and gave my friend a discount after helping me into the car.
It was a quarter to six when I unlocked the front door. I am grateful for the quiet although I miss Lukas and his lovely trills of greeting. I am exhausted and peopled out.
Wishing everyone a good week.
12 comments:
The emotions you go through are exhausting, without the shopping too
I hope you have a quiet evening.
It's so hard sometimes to keep in mind that yes, the keys are locked in the car but the weather is fine and we have bathrooms if we need them. I respect you for remembering that.
I'm sure you're so glad the day is over. Get good sleep, woman!
I hope you can rest. And that Lukas is home soon.
Hugs.
And yes, I would have been exhausted and peopled out too.
There are few things more sweet than sinking into the comforts of your own home after a day among many humans.
Home is our sanctuary! It's nice to just be there and relax.
Oh, that "lost my keys" (or phone) thing is such a panicky feeling. Sorry it all took so long to get sorted out.
Thanks. I did.
Thank you. Try as I might to get good sleep, sometimes it eludes me...
Thanks.
I agree, now if only I can sleep...
Yes!
It was okay. We had access to food, water, bathroom and phone...not the worst way to be stuck for awhile.
Post a Comment