That said, one of my favorite comfort foods in cool weather is vegetarian chili over rice and while I normally make my own, lacking a few ingredients meant I used a can and doctored it with fresh greens, tomatoes, yellow squash and carrot along with additional spices. That worked a treat and gave me enough for another meal.
Tomorrow is my day for a light food shop and a visit to the post office and Saturday Lukas will be going to his vet for vaccines courtesy of a friend. I feel fortunate to have people in my life who love him as much as I do. At the moment, he is chilled out on the bed and I must say, I envy his disposition and relaxed existence as the world today continues to trouble me.
The family tree is growing larger and as I work I am by turns overwhelmed, grateful and sometimes perplexed, all three of which can co-exist and make life interesting.
How was your day?

6 comments:
Vegetarian chili sounds good. And if that photo is your chili, it looks even better.
I'm glad you have someone who can help out with Lukas. Any pictures of him to share? :)
Winter is one of my favourite seasons as well. I long for it to arrive.
I am so glad that your adapted vegetarian chilli worked well, and hooray for leftovers. The chili sounds like the sort of dish which improves with time as well.
I would love to be able to live in the moment as successfully as a cat, and envy both their flexibility and their capacity for sleep.
Have a wonderful day.
The high winds and rain here in the UK are draining. So many trees down people without electricity and phone lines. I always find the worst 2 months here are Jan and Feb. My partner is travelling back from Toronto tomorrow where there are having snow.
I need some Chilli and rice.
When I am stressed sometimes, I look at my cats totally relaxed and try to be like them. They really do know how to just veg.
I had vegetarian chili for lunch today! (Prepared by the school cafeteria.) It must be fun and interesting to do all this family research, even if you are occasionally perplexed or overwhelmed.
Since I don't eat much meat, I would really enjoy vegetarian chili. We are expecting a snowstorm today. I don't see any signs of it yet and I honestly hope it doesn't arrive at all!
Post a Comment