Happily for me, the holidays are always moderate affairs and my gifts are almost done. I have three left and some donations. I will also get some cat nip and dog biscuits and do cards for the pen pals and some family and friends. I'm looking forward to Hanukkah dinner at a friend's at the end of the month and hopefully, the end of this cold.
Any shopping I've done has been online. It saves time and possible exposure to the hearty virus that has caused this cold. Truthfully, I'm not up to running around and braving crowds. I think this season, while it can be wonderful, breeds craziness, discontent and indebtedness. None of those appeal to me and I've never been one to give gifts for the sake of either getting something back or giving because it is expected.
My favorite part of this season is actually donating to others, usually anonymously.
What about you?
7 comments:
I am with you.
On all counts.
I have a little more shopping to do, and some baking.
I contributed to the Christmas Party at the Early Morning Centre, and will make some other donations too.
A quiet holiday is a good one in my eyes.
I really enjoy seeing Christmas lights, both inside and out. As for shopping, I do a fair amount online. I have been shopping in the stores, but only in the ones I go to regularly, anyway. You sound calm because I think you have a plan and are doing what feels right for you. Others could follow your example. I am fairly well organized, but I am always stumped as to what to get for a few family members on my list.
I enjoy getting together with people I love. That is my favourite part. But I also like the decorations, the music and the overall ambience.
To be quite frank, I have no favorite part of this holiday. None.
That's sad, isn't it?
We're having a very modest Christmas too, gift-wise. We do have some donations to make.
Our Christmas is as quiet as our thanksgiving is extravagant. We pretty much roll up the sidewalk and shut the door. It took me a long time to make peace with this sort of city Christmas, so different from the sprawling family parties I grew up with, every day till the New Year.
I do all my shopping online, much easier. My favourite part is church on Christmas day morning.
Post a Comment