I am still a bit congested and still coughing. Most of the holiday stuff has been done online and I am happy to know that I can now send gift cards digitally via Amazon bypassing any potential thievery from the post office.
Apart from that, my sleeping schedule has been strange since I am awake variably and the cat insists on waking me up at all hours. I am now convinced that he is so concerned that he checks for activity and if I awaken, then all will be well. He now sleeps at the foot of the bed rather than in his favorite chair in the front room.
Last night, our bedtime was delayed by a clogged toilet. Years ago a contractor told me that stubborn clogs in old pipes often respond better to intermittent plunging. I have found this to be correct and it avoids the nastiness that can come with an overflow from frequent flushing.
All eventually cleared within three hours and no plumber was needed, The mess was minimal and I was happy to have resolved the issue on my own.
Thomas Crapper has my lifelong appreciation.

7 comments:
When I read the post title and your first sentence I was concerned. And very glad to read further.
I think most of us appreciate Thomas Crapper's genius. I know I do.
Cats can be amazing. My friend the other day told how their cat saved her husband's life. He was having a heart attack and the cat pestered her in the middle of the night until she checked on her husband. He is okay now but owes his life to the cat.
He has my lifelong appreciation, too! :) Glad everything turned out well.
Indoor plumbing- the height of civilization. Along with libraries and voting as I should said on Mr. P.'s blog.
LOL -- e, you're the first blogger I know to post a picture of their toilet!
Thomas Crapper, eh? lol
I'm so thankful to the inventor of the toilet as well. Even one generation before mine, the standard here was the outdoor privy, and although I have used them under duress, it was not an experience I would want to have in the dead of winter :)
Kudos for getting your john working again!
Scritches for Lukas :)
Catching up. I'm sorry you're still under the weather. Yes, indoor plumbing is a blessing!
Post a Comment