Sunday, December 8, 2019

Good Morning...

It is 5:10 AM and thanks to my cat I am serving breakfast, heating up soup for me and generally feeling disgruntled. Why he demands food at this hour is beyond me. My coughing is the only thing breaking the quiet. Considering that I live mere feet from an eight-lane road with traffic in both directions, this is a rarity.

For the past few nights an owl has made its presence known outside my bedroom window. I find it comforting to know that nature exerts an upper hand even amid suburban neon. The trees here, which people complain about stupidly, enable his existence.

The day promises to be warmer than it has been and though cloudy, no rain is in our forecast. Yesterday was jacket weather, the kind I dream of during the summers here. I will get out for a bit of sun.

What will you do? Whatever that may be, enjoy.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a lovely day! My cats expect to be fed that early every single day.

37paddington said...

Still coughing? This season's flu is a bad one. Feel better.

Ms. Moon said...

I'm afraid I have to go to town to buy a new bluetooth headset. Funny how something that I had never even heard of ten years ago is now something I can't live without. And yet, it's true.

Elephant's Child said...

I hear you on cat breakfast time.
And envy your owl.
Is your health improving? I do hope so.
Very smoky here today. Very, very smoky.
With shopping on the agenda.

Jenny Woolf said...

It exasperates me when people complain about trees and wild things especially when our environment is under such threat. I'm glad the owl is okay.

Live and Learn said...

You can't keep nature out of anywhere. She always makes her presence known. Trees, an owl, and a cat. You are getting a good reminder of that.

BTW, every time I see the picture of your mother in the black and white photo with the beehive hairdo, I am reminded of my high school English teacher, Betty Boggs. She looked much like that picture and she was the best English teacher I ever had.

jenny_o said...

I hope you're well on the path to recovery. I've missed some posts, I'm afraid.

Yes, it's good to see and hear nature even in the suburbs. I've seen birds living in our downtown area, goodness knows where they nest but they're always around the sidewalks, pecking up bits of grit for their gizzards, carrying bits of straw for their homes. It's amazing how resilient they are.