My boy is apparently very popular among the vets and nurses at his vet's office. He is eating well, talking and trilling and happy to play with a willing person while enjoying some kitty television.
Miss me much?
I meanwhile had a bit of hotel hijinx. My original reservation, made over one month ago for a hotel in my neighborhood, was changed by the manager after his contractor failed to meet a deadline for first floor renovation by my date of check-in yesterday. Happily, the whole situation was handled nicely and professionally by all involved and I had an accessible suite at another place within the hour.
This hotel is clean, quiet, well appointed and has the nicest hospitality staff I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Though only breakfast is provided, it is ample. My lunch, dinner and homemade snacks were provided by another of my friends who insisted upon doing so gratis. Thus far, I have been fortunate in what could have been a very stressful situation.
So far, I've had a very restful night, some time in the sun with book, paid bills and caught up with several people by phone. Had I a swim suit, I'd try the pool. For essentially being stuck somewhere until the gaseous cloud clears at home, I'm very relaxed!

14 comments:
I am so very glad to hear that Lukas is happy (and suitably appreciated).
I am even more glad to read that the hotel glitch - which could have been dreadful - was quickly and pleasantly resolved. Doesn't pleasant hospitality make a HUGE difference.
Absolutely!!!
I'm glad that your time away from home is going well. We all deserve a little R and R sometimes even if it is only to get away from a fumigation.
Your kitty looks so much like Maurice although Maurice would die of shock if she found herself in a vet's office overnight.
I'm so glad that the place you're staying is so welcoming and hospitable. And how lovely of your friend to bring you meals. Yes, enjoy your little time away!
I am lucky in this boy. It took some time, but he and I have bonded nicely and he is a love bug. I wish I could have afforded the beach but this is fine. My friends are loyal and a good bunch! I hope you and Mr. Moon are enjoying Roseland!
Thank you. I agree and hope you're having a nice day too.
Well that's good! I'm glad it's turning into a little mini-staycation for you!
I'm glad you got a decent hotel in the end. It actually sounds like a nice break!
It is! Thanks.
You're due some good luck and I'm happy it has arrived. Lucky Lukas having all those folks to get attention from :)
Sounds like an unanticipated but very welcome vacation! enjoy!
That is one happy kitty! And glad you are comfortable too!
It relieves my mind to know he is doing well there, and yes, this hotel is definitely a stroke of luck. Thanks.
Well it was planned per the fumigation but much nicer than anticipated.
Post a Comment