You may remember the seven pieces of missing mail mentioned in my last post and how I had reported the situation to the manager of my post office.
As of today, that mail has never shown up at my door nor does the manager know where it might be. The investigation has gone beyond delivery points and that post office itself to the mail plant. I will hear something within a few days.
My friend in the UK is mailing a second letter to me this week. Fingers crossed that it actually arrives.
Meanwhile, I am busily packing valuables, papers, open foodstuffs and the cat so we can depart our abode next week while this building is tented for termites. This is one of those times I wish I did not live in in a State known for its variety of bugs and reptiles.

17 comments:
If it doesn't live in Florida, it's not real. That's what it feels like sometimes. We have ALL the pests. Of course, we are the pests to them. Still- here we are. What can we do?
That oak tree is amazing. I love it.
Fingers crossed!
Where will you wait out the tenting? Take a few extra days for the fumes to dissipate. Maybe.
Good luck.
On all counts: the missing mail; the resent mail; AND your temporary absence.
I hope the tenting takes care of the problem. When I lived in New Orleans, I remember how many bugs there were all year round--and how big they were. I can imagine that they are even bigger where you are.
Yikes - that's a pile of work to do in order to wait out the fumigation of the termites. I hope it all goes as smoothly as possible. Good luck with the mail as well.
Didn't your place get tented just a few years ago? I remember you were living in a motel for a while. Or was that for something else?
The mail thing is truly bewildering. I hope they get to the bottom of it. I wonder if it's one of these cases of an unmotivated mail carrier taking the mail home and stacking it in his closet! (Or dumping it off a bridge, God forbid.)
Oh, that sounds like a pain. I lived in south Georgia for a while and I hear you on the pests!
That is a beautiful tree. I wonder what is really going on with your mail. I hope it all turns up soon - sounds like one of those situations where the mailman has got tired of delivering mail and has been keeping it in his spare room.
Vacating home because of bugs? Not something I’d like to do.
Magnificent tree!
You are so right. Enjoy Roseland!
A hotel and I will go home Thursday.
Termites are not large, they just eat and reproduce a lot.
2013 and yes, I think you may be correct.
It is a pain eased by good friends and neighbors. I enjoyed your adventures on your recent trip.
I may never know. You could be right. I wish we had more trees of that age and grandeur.
Yet another instance in life of doing what one must...That tree is a favorite!
Post a Comment