Ever have one of those moments when you think the very last of your marbles have gone and you've finally just lost it?
Such was the feeling that came over me as I felt the back of my chair for the bag which holds wallet, keys and other necessities, only to find air...
I had switched chairs to go out with friends for a belated birthday lunch and could not recall snapping the bag back in place upon my return. Two phone calls later, one of the friends said he had done this for me and asked that I check one last time since the bag was not anywhere else in my flat and was not in his car.
Fortunately, after I transferred to a dinette chair, I was able to turn my chair around and see the bag pushed all the way to one end beyond the area my fingers could reach. All was well.
The birthday lunch was seafood paella at one of the few chef-owned restaurants in my neighborhood. Dominated by chains and fast food establishments, the road I live off of could easily be called eatery row. I patronize very few and avoid fast food almost entirely.
With rain lurking, I arrived home and commenced laundry and other chores, grateful for the warmth of friends and good food. Thanks to another friend, my bed is freshly made. I prize the luxury of clean sheets, a warm bed, my cat and a book.
More tomorrow.
Cheers!
\4

7 comments:
If there was a clean sheet fairy, I would enlist their assistance EVERY day. What a lovely gesture from your friend.
I am so glad that your bag (and your marbles) were only temporarily misplaced rather than lost, and that you had a wonderful birthday lunch.
Glad you had a lovely birthday lunch with friends and that you found your bag!
One time I heard Oprah say that she had clean sheets every day. Clean sheets are something everyone appreciates. Sometimes I think I'm losing it, also, when I can't find or remember something. And I always feel silly when I do. I think that's part of life.
There is nothing so heart stopping as when you can't find your bag. I swear I think I've lost my wallet at least once a day and yet, it's always there, snuggled into my purse where it belongs. I'm SO glad you had your bag. But what stress while it appeared to be missing.
Whew - I can imagine your relief. Our whole lives are in our bags these days!
Oh, thank goodness! What a relief!
Whew! Glad it was there!
I LOVE seafood paella. And also treasure clean sheets and a good book.
Post a Comment