The last few days have seen a flurry of banking transactions, party preparations and reservations for the resident feline at his vet's spa for vacationing cats.
My sixtieth .birthday promises to be a relatively quiet affair as two friends and I visit our local history center and museum and dine al fresco facing the river at the Columbia Cafe on Sunday.
A centennial celebration for my aunt who lives in another city follows in two weeks and will be a gala at her local arts center with cocktails followed by a multi-course dinner and dessert.
I'll confess that the idea of going out of town, staying in a hotel for two nights and getting something to wear thrills me not at all. However, I am privileged to be alive and invited to a once-in-a-lifetime event, so all will be booked and done. Uncle will stop to pick me up along the way.
I'll be looking for something to wear, another always
anxiety-filled endeavor for me.
In the interim, it is starting to rain...
Cheers!

8 comments:
Happy Birthday. Your low-key celebrations sound just about perfect to me.
A few weeks ago, like you, I had a much more exuberant family birthday (my neice's 50th) to attend. I struggled finding something to wear, and felt overwhelmed by the crowd. And again, like you, knew I was privileged to be included.
Feel free to send me the rain.
I've just stayed up in a hotel in London for 2 days to celebrate my daughter's Graduation. As proud as I am of her achievement, looking smart and walking around London for hours isn't really my thing but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I'm sure you will too.
Happy Birthday! Good luck with finding an outfit. That seems to be the hardest part to many activities. Sometimes I wish I had a personal shopper who would just bring me clothes.
Hope you find something you like to wear! Going to your aunt's party will be an adventure -- look at it that way. :)
How I wish I could send you some rain. Tell your her Happy Belated Birthday. I hope you enjoyed the party.
I hope so. Congratulations to you and the graduate.
A personal shopper is a wonderful idea...Thanks.
I hope a good one!
Post a Comment