Tuesday, April 2, 2019

I Wanna Like Ya, But...

Have you ever had an experience with a customer service person that perhaps convinced you that either they or you might be on another planet? This has been my recent experience with the vendor responsible for grocery delivery from the stores in my area. Not only did they charge for two orders on one date, but when asked about this, their representative claimed that my bank was at fault when I had already spoken to my credit union and my credit card issuer and knew this not to be the case. I got no further reply on the matter but did determine that one of the pending charges was removed.

Additionally, however, I've noted an increase in prices for items online that differ from those in-store and I pay both delivery and service charges as well as tipping the delivery person. While I am saving time and cab fare, I'm actually buying less food and paying more for it, even at Aldi.

The good news this week is that Lukas got a good re-check report from his veterinarian. His thyroid radiation treatment was successful, he's gained two pounds and his heart murmur has resolved. She wants to keep an eye on his kidney function and water consumption and will see him again this summer. I do hope this boy isn't developing kidney disease. I'm not sure I can take the rollercoaster ride I had with Jacob once more and poor Lukas has already been homeless, injured, ill and re-homed to me, so I hope he is spared anything else.

Our weather has been cool and rainy today, the perfect time for a massage and a good book. The cost of the massage per week is well worth it since my chronic pain is reduced. It isn't a relaxation massage but rather a deep unraveling of constantly tightening tissues that are part and parcel of my original and lifelong disability.This scenario is further complicated by other issues which are chronic and associated with my original condition, including joint wear-and-tear. In addition to these, a low back injury due to being rear-ended in a car fifteen years ago completes the list for now. At almost sixty, I sometimes feel the weight of age in ways my non-disabled friends do not yet and take nothing for granted.

Since my latest bout of upper respiratory crud and a cough which lingered for over a month, I am attempting to re-establish a healthier sleep pattern. It is slow going and the best benefit so far is that Lukas now spends more time cuddled with me than he did previously.

The tarp remains over a section of our rooftop, I've heard no more about bees or bats and nothing further as to the sale of this place though I've been told that could take a year or more to complete.

Wishing everyone a good week...

15 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

The Lukas news is truly wonderful. How I wish you could have similar improvements.
I hear you on service people. Negotiating with a telephone help line the operator was trying very hard to be my very best friend - including asking questions about the decor and what was for dinner. What I wanted was the phone line restored. Which wasn't a happening thing...

Steve Reed said...

Nice rainbow! It definitely sounds like that sale is going to be a protracted event -- if it happens at all. Take things day by day, I suppose. I am SO HAPPY Lukas is doing better!

37paddington said...

A massage every week is such a great way to care for yourself. I know about those tightening fascia and tissues and I too am getting them quite painfully worked out each week at PT.

tut-tut said...

It's been a better week here. I see more and more Shipt shoppers at the grocery, and they must be under tight schedules, because they whip around in a seeming frenzy.

jenny_o said...

I wonder how service people ever got to be so bad? It wasn't like this when I was younger. *harrumph, says the grumpy old woman* ha ha But really, you know it's gotten bad when good service is the exception, not the norm.

It hardly seems fair to charge more for online food purchases. What kinds of things are resulting in a higher charge? Do they have to package them differently from in-store purchases?

Do your massages hurt? I hesitate to have them because I hurt all over to even gentle touch, which some people say can be relieved by deep massage. The same people say they are very sore for a day or two afterward, as well as during massage. I'm not sure about that trade-off. I'm glad they're working for you, though.

And I am also glad Lukas is doing better. And hope it continues.

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news about Lukas. I hope he stays on that journey.

Not so wonderful about the customer service. You wonder how it can be so bad in some places.

e said...

So sorry...I hate it when customer service people pretend to be a friend...I keep saying re-train your employee but that falls on deaf ears, I think.

e said...

May your pain always subside, and you are right about the self-care.

Elephant's Child said...

It does. My irritation was increased when my brand new BF lied to me repeatedly.

e said...

I really have no idea, but some shop better than others. I hope things look up for you soon.

e said...

The best thing to do after massage is soak or take a warm shower. The pressure used actually relieves the pain and I feel better following and my low back does not spasm as often.

e said...

Probably lack of care or training. Yes, I am over the moon for this boy. Thanks!

e said...

Customer service people who lie because they think they can BS their way through something really get my goat too and it is happening more frequently.

Jenny Woolf said...

I'm thrilled that Lukas is doing so well! I wouldnt know whether to be glad or concerned at hearing nothing about the sale. I think I'd probably call them, because it is probably best to know. I often think it must be a soul destroying job trying to badger people into buying stuff they don't want. Have a good week!

On These Spindrift Pages - A journal of nature, thought, and the reflective life. said...

My dear E,

I am delighted to hear that Lukas is making a huge progress with his health. Poor boy! He is definitely in good hands now despite his unfortunate start in life. He definitely deserves a second chance. That's how I always feel about Philomena too.

I'm sorry to hear about the disappointment you had in the home delivery service and online food shopping. You have my full sympathy. I have had a fair share of bad customer care with the online shopping since I have to rely on home delivery for majority of my shopping. I don't drive and I am not motorised and I live in the remote countryside! There have been numerous occasions when I had been let down by the quality of products, which I would have never picked had I been shopping by myself (wilting flowers, overripe bananas only suitable for consumption if one is planning for a banana loaf/cake)!

I very much hope that you will make a good progress with your sleep. I hope Lukas will be keeping his eyes on you!

Warm wishes, ASD