Sunday, November 4, 2018

Still Alive...

The last few months have been challenging but I finally have new eyes on my chronic back problems in the form of a new physiotherapist and a wonderful, experienced and skilled massage therapist who is not afraid to work with me and understands everything. She also asks intelligent questions and listens to what I tell her. I've managed to find an SI belt to which I'm not allergic which was great because most of them are either neoprene or latex and at this point, anything made of either material is not suitable. My pain has diminished and my misalignment appears to be occurring slightly less frequently. I continue my strengthening and stretching regime and have been taught how to correct my SI misalignment on my own. While it is not as thorough as when done by the physiotherapist, it rapidly reduces pain and helps prevent the spasming that can occur. There is no perfect solution to this problem but this help is important to resuming everyday activities.

The ligaments around my left SI joint were damaged in a long-ago auto crash in which I was rear-ended and will remain so. The belt compresses the joint and keeps things in place for longer than might otherwise be the case. Sitting can aggravate this particular situation but I've no choice in that due to a damaged leg that has nothing to do with the auto accident. Everything is exacerbated by my original disability and the fact that I am aging.

Thanks to those of you who left supportive messages of concern. My feline friend and I bid you all a good night. Regular blogging will resume as I am able.



9 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am very, very glad to hear that you are not only alive but getting some much needed support.
Heartfelt hugs and oceans of caring to you (and your furry friend).

Live and Learn said...

Such good news. A good physical therapist can make all of the difference in the world. I hope you and your kitty continue to have better days.

Steve Reed said...

Hi E -- I wondered what was going on with you. Glad to hear you're getting this problem addressed and I hope the continued physio and massage helps. Pet the kitty for me!

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to hear from you! And I'm really happy to hear that you are getting the support you need. Your fur baby is adorable! And obviously comfy :)

Birdie said...

It’s always nice to know good things are happening when a blogger has been absent.

Give kitty a skritch under the chin for me.

Unknown said...

Lovely to hear from you again.
EH

Secret Agent Woman said...

That's such good news to hear you are making progress with the back issues.

37paddington said...

There you are. Glad you’re mending.

jenny_o said...

Hi e, I'm late finding your posts but very glad to hear your physio is helping matters. Hope it continues.