Sunday's high notes were eclipsed by what was apparent food poisoning Tuesday evening.
Following what can loosely be described as a crappy two days, a scheduled physical was delayed and today is my first attempt at solid food. Between the physical therapy and lack of sleep, I'm hardly at my best, and my attempt at a nap resulted in three hours of sleep disrupted by a hungry cat who does not have any sympathy for his groggy human.
The weather has been beautiful but my only chance to enjoy it has been while awaiting rides to or from appointments I'd rather not have had in the first place. One of my Sunday visitors is so ill she's stayed home from work while my friend of the recent surgery is doing well and resting as ordered. She sent me a cute re-usable bag featuring a cat face and the words, "One cat short of crazy." She knows me well after almost fifty years, I think. While I might've left you with a photo of my now gleaming porcelain throne, I'll instead end this with a photo of one of my favorite trees. Do any of you have one of these?

10 comments:
Oh poor you and how awful. I had that a couple of weeks ago after sushi and I was wretched, clung close to the white throne.
I hope you're getting better day by day and not too bowed down with it. And I love that tree, I think you posted it before if I'm not mistaken?
XO
WWW
Food poisoning is horible. I hope your improving. I don't have a tree like that but I did when we lived in New Orleans. Our little street was lined with live oaks on both sides.
Food poisoning! Oh gosh, that sounds awful. I'm glad you're on the mend. Cats don't care what condition we're in. They'll drag food bowl to us if necessary! :)
I hope that all of you continue recovering. With no setbacks. That bag sounds brilliant - and I love the tree.
Hopefully you will get to soak up some sunshine over the weekend.
Hugs.
So sorry to read that you got sick. ACK!
Food poisoning is something I try like mad to avoid. I'm so sorry you had it and hope you feel better quickly.
And that tree is marvellous. None around here, unfortunately.
Oh no! Do you know what you ate that affected you so badly? I guess it's something that your friends ate too? That's such a drag. I do love that tree, though!
You know, a lot of people where I am have suffered bouts of what they thought was food poisoning, including me, but now it turns out that it might be a version of the flu, it lasts a day or two, and then all is well again. I now think what I had wasnt food poisoning after all, but a virus that mimics its symptoms. In any case I am glad you're feeling better and that is a majestic tree.
I love these trees with what looks like weeping moss? We don't have this in uk.
Sad to hear that you had that bug, I had it last year out of the blue, never could work out what gave it to me. Hope you feel better soon.
As for your back, I'm sure it will improve in the end, Tom suffered from back trouble for years even being put in a plaster cast, in the end they offered surgery but he declined it. Now things are much more settled thank goodness.
Trouble with back pain is that it affects the whole of you doesn't it?
Loved the floppy cat in the last post.
Briony
x
Oh, dear, I hope you are feeling better by now. How miserable it is being ill. That tree looks like the ones I saw in Florida, but, as Crafty Cat Corner said above, we don't have those here in the UK. Nor do we have the Spanish moss. But, I love these trees too and would enjoy having one outside.
Post a Comment