As I suspected, based on past experience, there was more to the back problem of last week. The first thing the DPT did yesterday after I arrived was check both my hip and leg alignment. Because the ligaments surrounding my left low back SI joint were damaged in a rear-ending accident in 2004, my hip can rotate and the misalignment causes pain. At this point, my entire back had started spasming in reaction to this. My CP which leaves my muscles tighter anyway, seems a cakewalk in comparison to all of the chronic stuff occurring in its wake.
This back/SI problem is exacerbated by sitting which I have no choice but to do with a badly damaged right knee that is not amenable to surgical repair. Having been realigned as of last night, soreness remains. It is similar in feeling to deep bruising and I awakened at 3 AM with both my bladder and this pain to deal with as well as a cat demanding an early breakfast as long as I was up.
After broken sleep, I arose at 8 AM, did chores and readied myself for the bi-weekly morning frenzy that is Aldi. Despite having gone to the local produce stand on Sunday, my Aldi bill was higher than normal. I will check it against my list to see what I can eliminate next time. I did purchase two containers of litter for Lukas since those are not always in stock, and some chocolate. Additionally, there was cab fare to and from the DPT and I've a further three appointments over the next week. I also paid my neighbor and purchased lunch for us to take home. At present, I am enjoying a cup of decaf tea and will tackle meal preparation tomorrow. I plan an early night with a book and an ice pack.
Happy Wednesday.
10 comments:
Sounds exhausting! I hope you get a good night's sleep. It's funny how cats expect us to feed them no matter what time we wake up :)
Hopefully the realignment will help after you've had a chance to heal somewhat!
Yes, indeed. Cat Staff.
Until the next time...
Ouch, this sure sounds painful! What a back luck of the draw that you can't get relief from sitting down because of your knee. I've had back spasms before and it's extremely painful. In my case, luckily, the WellPatch air-activated heating patches worked well, but then again I was also able to make sure not to sit hunched over my desk for so long.
I'm sorry I don't live closer to you, I'd offer to do your Aldi shopping for nothing, e. Have you tried Uber instead of taxis? I wonder if it might be cheaper?
Oh that sounds worse than ouchy. But at least you are now aligned and the terrible pain should recede somwwhat. What is CP?
I too have been shocked a bit at my grocery tabs. Climbing too much in the last wee while.
XO
WWW
I can't remember if I commented here or not. If I didn't, I composed it in my head. Anyway, I hope that the realignment helps. My problems are not as severe as yours and I don't have CP, but I can relate a little bit. I have very lax joints so my joints are often overextending and out of alignment. The "unmovable" joints in my pelvis move and I am often out of alignment there which causes pain. Luckily, it doesn't spasm often. I went to a manual physical therapist once that got my pelvis in line every time before I started the exercises. That was good. Now if I only kept up with them, I'd be in even better shape.
I smiled at the comment that Lukas wanted to be fed. Sounds like he feels right at home and acting just like a cat. :)
My dear e,
I'm really sorry to hear that you've been unwell. It must be really uncomfortable for you to wake up in the middle of the night with a sore back and Lucas demanding his early breakfast! I'm thinking of you and sending you my thoughts and prayers. Have a good weekend. I'm touched by your lovely comments as always. Despite of you being unwell, you always make time for others and lucas. He's very lucky to find you and I'm very glad that our paths have crossed.
Sending love and healing vibes your way.
I'm sorry about that back pain and sleeplessness. That makes for a tiring day.
I need to check out the Aldi's in town - the one out here near me is very small and carries hardly anything.
Post a Comment