Saturday, February 3, 2018

Lukas...


Have I confessed a weakness for cute red heads?

Originally named for another dazzling red head, Lucille Ball, when it was discovered that this little boy was a neutered male, his name became Luke. He is now Lukas, age 7, and enjoying his first explorations of our home.

Though I miss Jacob terribly, this gentle, sweet boy who loves to play and purrs every time I pet him, is very lucky. Lost or abandoned to the streets, he found his way to a kindhearted man who fed and sheltered him and saw to his veterinary care. Though intending to keep the cat, when it became obvious that the other felines in the house would not accept him and that he was at risk of injury, the man let his vet know Lukas needed a new abode. The vet called me, and though still tentative about adoption, I called the man to arrange a meet and greet.

This lovely ginger-haired boy came to stay on Wednesday evening, and has taken over the chair and living room sofa. His accoutrements included toys, treats and food and water dishes, a favorite towel and a small rug. He is busily marking walls, furniture, possessions and me with the side of his face, something cats do that signifies their belongings or territory. I have officially been adopted yet again. The man who had the kindness to find Lukas a new home is forever in my good books.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how wonderful! This is great news. And I'm so happy for both of you. Welcome, Lukas. You will be showered with love! ❤️

LL Cool Joe said...

He sure is a cute red head. Sounds like he's already settled in well to his new home. :)

EcoCatLady said...

I haz a happee!!!

On These Spindrift Pages - A journal of nature, thought, and the reflective life. said...

Lukas is so adorable. How lucky he is to find your forever loving home. I am delighted to hear that he is settling in well. He is definitely in good hands.

Live and Learn said...

He sounds perfect. So glad that you found each other.

Steve Reed said...

Yay! I'm so glad you and Lukas got together!

Nathalie said...

He's gorgeous! I'm happy you found each other and now have a new lap buddy, e! Enjoy the cuddles!

crafty cat corner said...

I love ginger cats, my dear Kitty was with us for 15 years and I still pine for her, she showed us so much love.
Briony
x

37paddington said...

I am so happy Lukas found you and you found him.

Ginger said...

My ginger cat, Tommy, is nearly eighteen years old now. He has always been a sweetheart, very loving, and amiable with other cats. Seeing Lukas reminds me of Tommy when he was young. I am happy for you and for Lukas now that you have found each other.

jenny_o said...

How lovely that you have found a kitty . . . there are so many who need homes. I'm glad Lukas and you have each other now.

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh how lovely that you found each other. He reminds me of Daughter's cat who's name is Mango and is not yet a year old. A delightful boy.

Great name and so glad you have taken to each other :)

XO
WWW

Secret Agent Woman said...

Sounds like a good fit!

Our cat was originally named after a Norse God (Hodr), then we found out he was a she. But by then, we were used to the name and kept it.