Monday, October 9, 2017

Now...

I wait to hear when blinds have come in, hoping the shelves will be put up and the new storm door hung by the end of the month. The place is de-cluttered, not that I had much, and the empty book shelf cut down into a bedside table with room for a non-digital TBR pile. So far, with the exception of one book on container gardening which focused on flowers rather than food, it remains empty but for my disappointment. I had hoped to plant the tomato and lettuce seed packets given me by a pen friend. More research awaits.

Two acquaintances have died, we've had yet another storm and I've hied off to a memorial service. It is one month since Jacob passed away and there seems no easy way to adjust to this quiet...

Until Next Time...

16 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

When our Kitty passed Tom said that he actually saw her in tht kitchen, but then he is a little bit like that. He saw our neighbours cat and asked about it, the neighbour then explained that it died some time ago. Glad i'm not like it, it would freak me out.
Time will heal with little Jacob. Hugs
Briony
x

e said...

Thank you...there are those amongst us who can see what we don't, though I like you, would likely freak out...

37paddington said...

it's good to see you here. sending love.

HBF said...

Sending love and hugs and caring tears with sparkles for you.

e said...

Thank you. I send you and your beautiful family the same.

e said...

and much love to you!

Elephant's Child said...

Hugs. And heartfelt caring.

Birdie said...

I don’t think we ever stop missing our pets.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the loss of Jacob. Sending lots of hugs!

jenny_o said...

It will take awhile - a month is not long. Take care of yourself, e. Hugs.

Live and Learn said...

You must be exhausted from forever remodeling, storms, and loses. You need rest and distractions until you have time to process it all. It's never too early to plan next year's garden. Or it might be fun to start some herbs or other things that grow well inside. In the meantime, I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

Wisewebwoman said...

Good to see you with pen in hand. I find writing clears and sequences me out of muddled grief/loss/rage/fear. To a semblance of order at least.

I still cry for Ansa. Not every day now but every second day.

So very sorry to hear about your friends.

XO
WWW

Steve Reed said...

E, I'm sure this is a time of adjustment. Thinking of you. Please take care of yourself!

Linda said...

Sending you warm hugs and lots of love, dear friend.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry to read two people died and I'm still real, real sorry about Jacob.

Jenny Woolf said...

I am so sorry to hear about the bereavements. And I can only guess how much you are missing Jacob. Take care