Monday, September 11, 2017

After...

Thank you to everyone for your condolences and good wishes. I survived the storm alone in my building and though the complex and my neighborhood are littered with downed tree limbs and plant debris, damage appears to have been minimal.

What is not is the impact to my spirit. The death of Jacob within hours of this harrowing weather event has left me spent. I am tired, heartbroken and now, having to either repair or replace a non-functional HVAC system, another worry I do not need. My unit still needs painting finished up and several other odds and ends. I'm taking a break from everything for a bit just for some breathing space.

Until Next Time...

15 comments:

Birdie said...

I am glad you have come out the other end of the storm with minimal damage.

So sorry for the loss of your fur baby. Here is a link for support in case you didn't know about it. https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/hello.htm

Elephant's Child said...

As always, heartfelt hugs and oceans of caring. Take all the time you need.

Live and Learn said...

I'm so happy to hear that you weathered the storm okay. I think you're smart to give yourself a break. You need to to grieve and process it all. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of hugs during this difficult time xo

Wisewebwoman said...

So glad you survived but with a broken heart alas. I hope the challenges don't stress you out too much.

Big hugs.

XO
WWW

jenny_o said...

I'm thinking of you, and wishing you strength to get through what you face, e. Life can be so hard at times. With you in spirit, my friend.

Steve Reed said...

Sorry to hear about your HVAC, now, on top of everything else. When it rains it pours, as they say. Is it possible for you to take a little overnight trip or something just for a change of scenery? I'm sure it's hard at the moment because of storm aftermath, but maybe sometime soon that would be nice and something for you to look forward to.

A Cuban In London said...

I am sorry to read this news. I wish you better. Big hug.

Greetings from London.

jenny_o said...

I can't remember now if I already left a comment, but just want you to know I'm thinking of you and I'm glad you came through the storm okay. The other storm - losing Jacob - is rough, though ... take good care of yourself, e.

Secret Agent Woman said...

I caught up on the hurricane posts earlier. I really hate that you had to lose your kitty right after the hurricane hit. My Georgia and Florida family members sustained some damage, too. Nothing catastrophic, but still difficult. At this point, I am wishing you peace.

the fly in the web said...

I am so sorry...I have not been able to comment on your blog for a while now...and the day that i can you have so much sadness to cope with.
Thinking of you.

HBF said...

I have been thinking of you despite my absence in the blogging sphere. I am glad to hear that damages appear minimal. Still heartbroken for you. Jacob. Just. Wow. I feel you. I shed tears for you and Jacob. He was well loved and will remain forever so. That is a wonderful, wonderful thing. Be well and do your best. Take it nice and easy :o)

Jenny Woolf said...

I was away for the sad news about Jacob, I am so sorry to learn of it. Life must be painful and exhausting for you. Please take it easy, we will still be here when you return.

crafty cat corner said...

So sad about Jacob, I know how you feel and a break will restore your enthusiasm for things. I take breaks from blogging now and again and often think I won't bother any more but something tickles my fancy and I start again. Hugs
Briony
x

Linda said...

I am so sorry to hear about Jacob. I have been very sporadic in my visits to blogs, this moving situation has been stressing me out. You have been in my thoughts a lot, I want you to know this. Take good care of yourself.