Monday, August 7, 2017

Post Birthday Head Cold...

I spent birthday evening having coffee with a friend who brought over some vegetarian enchiladas and my clean laundry. I got a wonderful arrangement of blooms and many cards, so while on the quiet side, it was enjoyable.

The washer-dryer unit has now been installed and I am awaiting the refrigerator and twenty-inch stove. The sink is now working and the countertops are almost done.

Amid all of this good news, I awoke yesterday with a head cold and today I feel like something a dog would not drag home. My contractor took one look at me and asked whether he should leave. I said no because frankly, I want this finished. This is now the eighth week of this project. He has now gone in search of a longer than normal hoody clamp for the sink with no guarantee of finding one. The backsplash remains to be done as well. Every day is an adventure with renovation. At least we are in the last stages and the work is good. I will never again take for granted the ability to boil water for a proper cup of tea or heat some soup.

We will see what tomorrow brings...


9 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am so sorry to hear about the head cold. Miserable things.
And equally glad to hear that the work is (finally) drawing to an end. And is good.
Having spent time where water was precious and gone through a kitchen reno that ability to boil water for a cuppa is indeed precious.
Hugs.

Live and Learn said...

Sink is working... A good sign.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an exhausting cold. I hope you feel better soon. Good stuff about the renovations coming to an end. Hopefully very soon!

Birdie said...

Summer colds. There aught'a be a law against that.
Feel better soon!

Steve Reed said...

Keep your eye on the prize! The end is near! I hope your cold gets better quickly!

jenny_o said...

Eight weeks is a very long time without a functioning kitchen. I hope it gets wrapped up quickly. And head colds - who invented those things, anyway?!

37paddington said...

your contractor sounds like a sensitive human being.

Secret Agent Woman said...

That's really dragging on. Hope the kitchen finishes soon and you heal up!

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh I see what you mean about it taking a long time!