My small kitchen now looks naked! The only things out are in the dish drainer. The remainder are packed in four boxes in the front room and two smaller boxes have been taken to the local Goodwill. I still have to set up the microwave on the dining table and organize the items to be left out. The contractor will move the refrigerator into the front room when he comes in the morning.
These photos were taken in 2013 just after a re-paint from yellow to green. The dark green wall was the painter's idea and one which I will gladly see go at some point. The greens are darker on screen than in life but the darker of the two is just too much.
I'm never excited about renovations as they take too long and can be tough to live through. If things get too hectic, himself will be boarded and I will find a hotel. The appliances are in the warehouse and the cabinets, sink and faucet and other attachments have been ordered. Paint, flooring, electrical and plumbing await, as does demolition.
The neighbors, who at first seemed enthusiastic about my offer of free upper cabinets, seem to have gone mum on the subject. They did take measurements yesterday. Come 9 AM tomorrow, I hope they have a plan, otherwise to Habitat these will go, along with my good wishes that they find a happy home.
Happy Father's Day to all who have Dads.


11 comments:
Let us hope that the contractor gets things done in quick time....
Good luck.
I remember the upheaval when we had our kitchen remodelled. It was a stressful and difficult time - but worth it.
Hugs.
From your mouth to G-d's ear!
I hope this will be worthwhile...Best to you and hugs.
I hope it all goes accordingly, would dislike any kind of delay. We need to have both our bathroom and kitchen renovated at some point and the thought just fills me with dread at all the upheaval. Hopefully it will all be worth it. Take care
I hope it gets done quickly! These types of renovations are a big inconvenience. Sending positive vibes your way!
Renovations are definitely stressful, which is something you learn very early into the first one you ever have done :) I hope yours goes as smoothly as possible.
Renovations are a pain but it's so exciting when they are done!
Best of luck with the renovations, E! I like your green walls, but I can understand how you might be ready for a change. :)
I'm excited for you--a new kitchen! I will Iive vicariously through you in this process. I hope it goes swimmingly.
I wish you all the best...always. And I love the green walls! :)
Post a Comment