Saturday, May 27, 2017

Wedding Day...

Two dear and longtime friends will be married this evening after waiting for their right to marry to become legal. I am looking forward to celebrating with them and their nearest and dearest, many of whom came from other States for the occasion. Though at 5:33 AM I can only hope for more sleep beforehand as I have been up feeding the cat and giving him his morning pills.

Several of you have begun to wonder why I seem to have fallen from the blogging bandwagon and the short answer is that chronic lack of sleep, vet appointments and constant juggling of activities because of changes in available transportation, continuing nastiness in the world at large and my own needs for peace and quiet finally led me to a break.

Tiredness and constant juggling seem to sap my creativity and many of the ideas for posts never come to fruition because they can't. My daily life has assumed a routine that one often finds when the world has shrunk and care for another becomes the focus. Except for this wedding, I've not been out much in the last two weeks and will likely not be out for the next week or so beyond the plans I have for Sunday with a friend.

Wishing you all a happy weekend.


20 comments:

37paddington said...

Enjoy the wedding of your dear friends! I've noticed a lot of people have fallen off the blogging train or are posting less. It takes a lot of physchic energy to process events in our world right now. There's confusion and obfuscation and I often feel ungrounded. Take the time you need. We'll be here waiting for you.

LL Cool Joe said...

I totally understand what you mean about tiredness and constant juggling sapping your creativity. I feel just the same.

Enjoy the Wedding!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful about your friends! Wishing their years of happiness.
Your plate is full. Blog when you can, if you can.
Have a wonderful weekend!

ellie said...

This is my grandparents' wedding anniversary, they have been married over 50 years. Naturally, there has been a lot of drama and adventure on their farm. When I look at them, I would very much want they have. Peace, ellie P.s. Keep Writing!

A Cuban In London said...

Enjoy the wedding! :-)

Greetings from London.

Elephant's Child said...

Echoing everyone else. I hope the wedding is wonderful, and followed by many happy years.
Look after yourself.
Hugs.

Birdie said...

I hope you enjoy the wedding and your cat is feeling better. And that you get some sleep. 😴

Secret Agent Woman said...

Have a wonderful time and my best wishes to the new spouses!

Steve Reed said...

I was wondering what was up, E. I'm glad to hear you're still out there, but I'm sorry things have been so fatiguing! I hope you manage to work out a routine where you'll be able to get some sleep. It's important to not neglect your own needs despite your caretaking! Congrats to your friends!

jenny_o said...

Congratulations to your friends on their marriage, e - and I understand the energy demands of dealing with illness. I just wanted you to know that you've been missed and thought about. Take care.

e said...

Thank you!

e said...

Thanks and congratulations on becoming a grandad!

e said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
e said...

You too!

e said...

Please wish your grandparents a happy anniversary and thanks for visiting and posting such a kind comment.

e said...

Thanks, I did!

e said...

Thanks, it was! Hugs to you...

e said...

Thank you!

e said...

You're right, and thanks!

e said...

Thanks everyone. The wedding was wonderful.