After three weeks, I am still dealing with post-nasal drip and phlegm from nose and chest. The cough that arises from trying to clear this is very bad at night and has interfered with sleep and resulted in coughing up blood last evening. Tonight, things are slightly improved as I suck down hot tea with lemon and honey. It is now almost five in the morning and I've had about three hours sleep, along with a nap in the late afternoon. I have no fever and no discoloration of phlegm, so no infection and I am blowing my nose like nobody's business trying to keep my coughing at bay. I am exhausted and this has gotten tiresome. My chronically ill cat has now resorted to following me every time I leave our bed and between cuddles is giving me the evil eye as if to say, "You haul me to the vet...haul yourself to the doctor."
The doc would have little to say other than stay warm, rest and push fluids, so I'm off to make yet another small pot of tea. Cheers!
8 comments:
Mine left me sooner than expected which is unusual for me as bronchitis loves to take a long vacation in my lungs.
I completely sympathize with you - the exhaustion. The lack of sleep the non-stop coughing, the depression and ennui
I do hope it vacates you soonest and your life is returned to you.
Big hugs.
XO
WWW
I hab a cowd. Last night my cpap machine turned off because it wasn't registering my breathing because I'm so stuffed up. I've been wearing a mask at work. Meh. I am glad because I don't have to work tomorrow!
You. Feel better. Soon.
Coughing is SO tiring, yes. And prevents a healing sleep. I feel for you. A couple of years ago I had a bronchial flare up and was prescribed a steroid inhaler for a few months. It helped tremendously and I no longer needed it after that. If you don't get better soon, maybe listen to Jacob after all :)
Feel better soon! Get plenty of rest.
I'm with you - I prefer to just give myself a chance to heal rather than going to a doctor (unless I absolutely have to). Get well soon!
I hope you feel better soon, Liz!
Oh goodness. That phlegm can be so annoying! I had a little going on this morning and it kept transforming my voice-I sounded like a Disney character. I hope your tea was delicious and that you feel better soon :o) Hugs!
If you have any fresh ginger in the house, making a nice hot cup of tea with some juice of the freshly grated ginger, with a little honey, is perfect for anything that ails us. Plus these, ginger and honey, are also natural antibiotics. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs.
Post a Comment