Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Two Weeks And Counting...

Things are improving though at a snail's pace, it seems. Jacob has good days and not so wonderful days in which he does not want to eat, sleeps or wanders about meowing crankily. Thankfully, they are few, at least for now.

I, on the other hand, still dispense medication and food while coughing and sleeping quite fitfully. I also pick up and wash dishes, laundry and rubbish, and change his box daily, no matter the day or how I'm feeling  just so some semblance of order is maintained. Most of the time, I am tired and have little or no energy for anything else.

Amid all of this, there is the political sideshow which if truth be known is so scary as to be almost paralyzing...I have sent letters and e-mails and have had responses. I just hope we live to fix the mess we're in...

I'm sorry not to be writing much, just little energy at the moment. I'm glad to know that most of you in blog land are doing well. I raise my cup of chicken soup to you!


16 comments:

37paddington said...

feel better, friend. we have to hold each other now. thanks for calling and emailing. i believe it matters.

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm struggling a bit at the moment too, and of course here in the UK we have the Brexit disaster to deal with too.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry you're low energy though it's understandable with everything you have going on.

Wisewebwoman said...

I get the low energy bit. I'm still hacking but not nauseous today which is a huge improvement. You'd is certainly lasting far too long. And wee Jacob. Speedy healing m'dear.
XO
WWW

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry things are rough all around. I hope you are feeling better soon and all the messes get cleaned up!

e said...

I believe you're right!

e said...

I am so sorry for your struggles. Now there is momentum in England not to have the yellow-haired one come for a State visit...

e said...

Thank you!

e said...

The hacking subsides with time...thanks and a happy meow to you!

e said...

I'm trying...thanks!

Secret Agent Woman said...

I am frankly terrified by what is going on in Washington.

A Cuban In London said...

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble. Your cat sounds like a real fighter. Re Pussy-Grabber-In--Chief, I signed the petition to ban him from the UK. The matter will be debated in parliament on 20th February.

Greetings from London.

e said...

With very good reason...

e said...

Good for you! I hope that ban succeeds. Thanks for your good wishes.

jenny_o said...

I hope you're getting closer to good health. My husband is down with a respiratory virus at the moment; I am wondering if I'm next! Take care.

Jenny Woolf said...

I have every sympathy with feeling under the weather. YOu're doing the right thing by staying in bed and looking after yourself.