Friday, December 16, 2016
Barking, drilling and ladders, Oh My!
Today was massage day for me. It reduces pain and helps keep me going. While my massage therapist does't chat too much when working, she did comment today about the level of noise outside the flat. Two men were talking and drilling which set off a round of barking from the dog upstairs. Having grown up in the tropics, I enjoy the lilt of Bajan but loud music accompanied by barking? Not so much. I prefer quiet, and today has been everything but. First world problem, I know but the older I get, the more sensitive I am to noise and the noisier the world seems to be.
What about you? Are there things in your world that bother you that did not at an earlier point in life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
Sorry about the noise. Not so fun when you're trying to get a massage.
I cannot think of anything. What comes to mind is something that bothers me now as much as it did before and that's when people in cars flick their ciggybutts out the window.
But I honestly cannot think of something that bothers me now at this age, that didn't bother me before, because even as a little kid, that butt out the window was something I didn't like.
Oh, I dislike the cigarette butt thing, too but it doesn't interfere with concentration, sleep, conversation or the ability to think...Hope you're having a good day!
Definitely noise. I was never a fan precisely, but noise sets my teeth and nerves on edge now.
And I cannot bear to listen to people chew. Anything.
I am a Highly Sensitive Person and noises, bright lights, rough clothing, smells...most things bother me. I have to be aware of my environment and make sure I don't get overwhelmed. I have a client that has one of those plug-in air freshener's. It is absolutely disgusting and nauseous.
It must be really hard to relax and enjoy a massage with all that noise. I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I'm usually (but not always) good at tuning out things, which is very helpful in noisy environments. One thing that does upset me more and more as I get older is rude service. I think that if someone can't handle being with people they shouldn't be doing customer service.
Nope, pretty much everything that bothers me now has bothered me my entire life. But at least now I understand that some things drain me, so I can try to avoid them or have a plan for recovery time, which can help.
I'm glad you get some pain reduction with the massage. Hopefully next time will be peacefully quiet as well.
Noise. Each year more sensitive. Wind I found bracing but now it terrifies me. I would run-train on ice but now it reduces me to a whimper after a bad fall.
So sorry you have this intrusion on your peace.
XO
WWW
Calories...they seem so show now a bit more than they used to ;)
I hate fouling, especially dog owners who don't clean up after their pets.
Greetings from London.
Being a highly sensitive person, (HSP), noise is something I have never liked and it can grate on my nerves. I really need quiet time to meditate, rejuvenate and relax. Glad you were able to get a massage but I imagine the noise didn't make it as relaxing as it could have been.
Not so much anymore. I started to shed the annoyances awhile ago.
Wow...I feel the same way and wondered if that was some strange hormonal thing because of menopause but evidently not, just an HSP like Birdie and others I know...Hugs!
I agree those air fresheners suck, and I too belong to the HSP group...
I agree about nasty customer service, that is more and more the norm. I wish I could tune things out easily, but unfortunately for me that isn't the case.
Great insight. Thanks for your hopes and kind words.
This aging we're doing is certainly not for the faint-of-heart. As I'm going along, peace is often harder to come by. I hope you have some these days and thanks for your visit.
Unfortunate, that...Happy Christmas to you!
Oh, nothing worse than accidentally rolling over that and having to clean it off my wheels! Best to you!
I need the same thing, and the massage was okay. I normally drift off if it isn't too painful, but I had both pain and noise. Happily, I was eventually able to get a nap. Thanks for your visit!
That's great...shedding annoyances is a work in progress for me.
Had a very nice day and fixin' to have another.
Cheers and boogie boogie.
Post a Comment