I think that post title sums up what I feel today, and while I have felt the same after other elections none of those were to a man as divisive and contentious. I do not have a clue what may be on the horizon and I am both embarrassed and afraid for myself and this country.
6 comments:
Lots of emotions and shock this morning, that's for sure. Right there with you but I'm hopeful that we'll make it through without complete catastrophe-though further embarrassment seems guaranteed!
Yes, I think a lot of us are thinking this. Being British, I was very embarrassed at the gutter quality of the debate leading up to Brexit and the small minded, mean approach afterwards. Next thing is a march on Parliament by Nigel Farage and fellow fascists. In case you didn't notice him, Farage was licking your new president's boot soles until the sex scandal material came up, upon which he distanced himself. He's now fawning around him again.
I can only imagine how you feel. I hope everything turns out well. And I hope you unite and become stronger.
I am sad, and disappointed. Time will tell.
Look after yourself. Please.
e It all depends on an uncertain road at best and the start of the government come Jan 20, 2017. My only hope is that the Supreme court justices wishing to retire can hold on for two more years and a more liberal senate is put in place. BUT fear? Nope. That path is not an option.
You may not have been surprised, but I was! I paid too much attention to polls and predictions, I guess.
Post a Comment