The pets saw their doctor this week and I am happy to report that at fifteen and sixteen and a half, both are doing well. This is the kind of thing that has me over the moon these days. While I did nothing extraordinary today, the news of their labs and other things just perked me up. They are both sleeping as I write, curled into a soft knitted throw my Nana made for me long ago. She passed away this month in 1993 just after I had adopted my first cat companion and began the job that would eventually lead me to find my second and third cats, Angel, a seal point Siamese and Samantha, a Korat.
Ariel, adopted from a family, died prematurely of fatty liver syndrome at the age of three. We would often snuggle together in this throw on the bed in my first solo apartment, something Sam and Angel also enjoyed. The yarn is extremely soft and easy to burrow into and I always think of my grandmother when I see it. Despite her often stern demeanor, the woman loved me fiercely and I think she would be happy to know her lap blanket has seen so much use over the years. Jacob, my male black and white, is particularly fond of it.
As for me, my back has been irritable today despite stretching and other ministrations. More massage has been scheduled. I was really hoping to have been completely pain-free long before now, so feel a bit discouraged and concerned that this slow resolve may be what the future holds for this chronic situation. Because strengthening is tedious, I've taken to listening to music or watching something as I work. It helps the time pass more quickly and provides a little distraction from tightness and pain. This week, I plan on getting the bookshelves sorted and doing some research on books.
I've just started an interesting book entitled The Omnivorous Mind and will write more once it is read through. I've long been intrigued by how certain foods trigger or are associated with memories and specific points in our lives as well as the history and development of dishes, a couple of which I've discussed in previous posts. While I cannot claim the prowess of bloggers such as the Happy Whisk or others in the kitchen, I do enjoy attempting things even if they don't turn out as expected.
Wishing everyone a happy weekend.


15 comments:
And a very happy weekend to you and your furry friends. I hope the discomfort is as minimal as possible.
I'm happy for your pets, too. I have heard of the Omnivorous Mind. I think I read a couple of good reviews on it.
Greetings from London.
Happy weekend to you too and congrats to the kitties on their health at that age!
Glad the cats are happy and healthy! Sorry the back has been slow to improve, but maybe the bright side (if one can be found) is that you have more reasons now to get massages. :)
Very happy for your pets. Now, here's to getting you all the way to feel better.
As for cooking and baking, I learn as I go and enjoy the mistakes as I make them.
That is wonderful about your cats! Nice to hear how well they are doing at their age. Happy Sunday!
You have no idea how much has been spent on massage and PT since that rear-end collision in 2004 and will continue to be needed until I shuffle off this mortal coil...
Thank you. I wish you the same!
I'll let you know what I think. I hope you enjoyed your trip. Best to you.
That's the best way to learn! Your good wishes are appreciated.
Thanks and hugs to you!
And a very happy day and week to you, too!
My dear E, I am so glad to hear that your beloved pets are in good health. What a wonderful age they both are in. It must be all down to your love, care as well as good diet. I adore pets and I miss Mouche, a ginger cat, who used to come and visit me while I lived in my flat in the city - I wrote about him many years ago. He came to adopt me and move in with me. He was such an independent individual.
I am sorry to hear about your back pain. I hope you are taking it easy. They say that taking gentle exercise such as going for a walk, taking a hot bath or massage definitely seems to help. But it usually takes time and heal things slowly. It's always good to hear what you are reading. I shall look up this book. Thank you so much for all your sweet messages. Best wishes, ASD
Thank you! Sitting exacerbates this, and since I use a wheelchair, stretching is a must.
Hope you have a great weekend ahead.
Post a Comment