Thursday, February 18, 2016

About My Previous Post


It is hard to cram everything in that I want to remember about the photos in my previous posting except to say that they are but a few favorites. All but the very last were taken in 2009, the year this blog began. I had purchased a cheap digital camera, the first camera I'd had in about twenty years, and gone on a bit of an expedition to a nearby beach community with a friend from grad school. My mobility was failing at the time and I was awaiting the chair that would eventually become my legs, so many of my pictures from that outing were taken in unorthodox ways---from car windows while riding, on sidewalks, using weird angles when I could no longer stand comfortably, etc. The last two, which show my aging head, were taken by various friends. It is hard to believe my hair is now almost white...

The sculptures in the first photo were in the lobby of an older building downtown and I was unable to find any information about their origins which is unfortunate. I remain fascinated by portals of various kinds, both in terms of the opportunities and closures they represent. The others are two wonderful beach spots and a park, neither of which I get to visit often or easily these days...

Until Next Time...

7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you for providing some of the back story.

37paddington said...

I like glimpsing you in those photos. What extraordinary trees in the last one.

Mwa said...

You're making me think of portals. Interesting.

Secret Agent Woman said...

I am fascinated by portals, as well. Doors, windows, gates - all of them. So symbolically rich.

Wisewebwoman said...

Odd this, it wouldn't let me comment, some glitch. I did like the sculptures.

XO
WWW

e said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. Blogger has been glitching on some of your blogs as well, though that might be my internet connection...

Friko said...

Dear e. thank you for visiting my blog - I had taken a peep at yours via www, how on earth did you know? -

I scrolled back to the photograph post. I too like the geese and the back view of you. Perhaps someone could take a photo of you the right way round sometime?

greetings from deepest Shropshire, away from anywhere at all interesting or lively.