Saturday, November 7, 2015

Searching for Inspiration...

Is anyone out there?

This is one of the few times I'm stumped for a post. I've decided to open the floor to those of you who read here. Ask anything...Any burning questions for this blogger?

Nothing obscene, mind you, and please refrain from political tirades...If you must engage in the latter, kindly do it on Facebook. You won't be alone in that pursuit there, from what I hear.

Wishing everyone a nice weekend...

23 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Introvert, Extrovert or Ambivert?
Have a lovely weekend.

e said...

Definitely an introvert, though I have forced myself to embrace public speaking and developed the skill to be able to converse with almost anyone when necessary. Thanks for your interest. What about you?

Elephant's Child said...

A decided introvert here too. I can interact when necessary, but find it very, very tiring.
Someone told me that introverts were predominantly 'left-brained'. Since am not terribly creative (to my regret) I wonder about that...

37paddington said...

Are you from a large or small family? Family members close or distant? Siblings?

e said...

My family is distant and though there are cousins, most are my mother's. I am my mother's only living child and grew up as an only child even though my stepfather had two much older kids. One has passed. The other will be 70 in 2016 and I am in my fifties. My biological father was also an only kid and had other children with several women but I am not in touch with them.

The people who raised me---my maternal grandparents, mother and stepdad---all have passed as have two aunts and a younger first cousin and many others. I am not close to the remaining cousins although we are cordial and do not live near any of them.

Wisewebwoman said...

I read a good post by another blogger recently and plan to repeat it myself - he listed all his "firsts" and the memories associated with them - i.e. first time flying, first time swimming alone. I thought it interesting :)
I also am an introvert though I call myself a "gregarious loner" which seems to suit my personality. I can't manage small talk and hate large gatherings of mumble mumble and look at that hat stuff.
XO
WWW

Steve Reed said...

I know too much about you to ask any questions. :)

e said...

Wow...somehow, I doubt that though it's a nice thought.

HBF said...

What book is your favorite and/or you have read the most? I'm thinking fiction but any will do :)

the walking man said...

Extrovert here who has consciously chosen isolation. I spent years weekly in front of raucous audiences for up to 6 hours at a time, I enjoyed it--but now *meh* I am good with my thoughts and the occasional outing with a friend for coffee.

the walking man said...

I probably came to the blog too late to know e, but what put you in the chair, If you don't want to say that's cool. I'll still come anyway.

Anonymous said...

Ah... Facebook. As my son says, "where all old internet memes go to die". I almost always opt out of political postings on FB, even when i strongly agree/disagree. Blogging is much more conducive to considered discussion don't you think? (There. And I thought I couldn't think of a question).

e said...

I loved Nancy Drew and Pippi Longstocking, The Little Prince and a series by Madeleine L'Engle, among many others, as a kid.
As an adult, I love mysteries, poetry, memoirs, the odd novel when I'm in the mood and I love to read stuff from authors outside the US...Right now, I'm in the middle of a book called a week in winter. The jury is still out on that one. Reading is one of the ways I cope with awakening several times during the night.

e said...

I know I've written about this but here is the short version. I was born prematurely and a lack of oxygen caused the equivalent of a small stroke, which effected my eyes, muscles, musculoskeletal system and balance. I learned to walk following surgery as a little kid and remained fully ambulatory until just before fifty, when my right leg began giving out and I would fall without warning. Though the doctors were unable to pinpoint why, my right knee, ACL and all of the areas surrounding were severely damaged, which they said was wear and tear. Surgery was not recommended for a variety of reasons and so, my life in a chair began. That is a synopsis of a rather complicated situation. Thanks for your continued interest.

e said...

So nice to see you here again...I do agree and think you need to comment more often!

e said...

I can't wait to see your tally of firsts...

Jenny Woolf said...

What do you think of the area where you live?

Jenny Woolf said...

That is interesting, I have sometimes wondered this.

e said...

The area in which I live is overdeveloped, too full of road traffic, a bit too noisy for my liking and still expanding. It is hard to get around because public transport is poor but this flat is paid for and there is a bus line, so I can manage to get out a bit. There is also no snow to contend with. Hardly a ringing endorsement but there you have it.

e said...

I have many favorite authors in several genres. If you want a partial list, send an email. Hugs!

Ian Lidster said...

Well, in the first place, I am an ambivert. A bit of each and depending on the circumstances. I am also a techno-klutz and I finally figured out how to access your blog site in order to leave comment. I had been many times and wasn't rejecting you, dear, I just didn't know how to get where I am now. Now I do. Ta-da.

Ian Lidster said...

I left a comment but it seems to have gone away. I've been having a hard time navigating your blogsite. Maybe I have it now. I haven't been around not because I don't love you -- for I do. But because I am a techno-klutz.

Secret Agent Woman said...

I don't lack for things to post, only for time to post them. I hate that I've been an infrequent visitor, but I'm trying to stay at least partially in touch.