Thursday, October 22, 2015

More From North Carolina...

The pictures from my latest post include the Garden/Memorial area of the Unitarian Universalist congregation in Winston-Salem where ashes can be scattered. The two headstones are actually names of those who have been scattered there. The trees were just beginning to change color and it was jacket weather. Sunday found us at services followed by lunch at Waldo's Wings. Known for its wings, my friend and I decided to instead try the burger on special. It ended up being the largest thing I'd ever consumed in a bun. Neither of us ate again until the next morning. Sunday and Monday were both clear and beautiful and our trip back to the land of humidity was uneventful.

I have been reading, writing and trying to get outside and enjoy what passes for Fall here. I hope everyone can enjoy this season.

5 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Thank you. It is becoming very pretty in London, with all the trees going yellow

Alan Burnett said...

It is a lovely season. We spent the first part of it is Spain, which was very pleasant, but it is only when we returned to Britain and saw all the Autumn colours that we really appreciated it.

HBF said...

So funny about the burger special, I know I've been there! Glad to hear you had an uneventful return trip and are home safe :)

the fly in the web said...

A friend renowned for his appetite came back from the U.S. saying that he had never seen such huge portions....not that he could not finish them, I note!
We're running into the end of the rainy season here....so much for the wiseacres who told us we would see no difference in the seasons in the tropics

the walking man said...

Cold, warm, indifferent to whatever I think is the Fall here. It is why I am not the me of a season just gone by.