This was one of my favorite costumes as a kid. Sewn from old curtains by my mother, it had both floppy ears and a tail. The only drawback was the long sleeves which were far too hot for our tropical climate. The pumpkin was a first attempt at carving for either of us and while my mother was a lovely cook, I've never been a fan of pumpkin pie...
Happy Halloween!
10 comments:
Love your costume. And the pumpkin.
I have never had pumpkin pie. On this side of the world pumpkin is a savoury dish. Someday. Perhaps..
░░░░░░░▄█▀▀▀░░░░░
░░▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄░░
░░░░▄▄█▄█▌░░░░░░░
░░░░▀░▀███▌░░░░░░
░░░░░░█████░░░░░░
█▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▓▓▓
░░░░░▄▌▄▌▀█▄░█▓▓▓
……..^v^
╠═╣ A P P Y ……….^v^
……..╠═╣ A L L O W E E N,
,,,,..-^v^-… ….-^v^-…………-^v^-
A pretty costume...and a lovely smile too.
Very good costume! I was never very good at carving pumpkins, and all the guts always seem to sting my hands! Not a huge fan of the pie either... pumpkin bread though... *snarf*
Adorable! I make a great pumpkin soup with curry and coconut and other veggies in it.
XO
WWW
Thank you. My mother, despite our myriad issues, was a talented seamstress. I would love to know how to make pumpkin taste better...
What a lovely graphic Birdie. I really appreciate it!
Thank you! I hope you and Leo are well.
If I find some good pumpkin bread, I'll send it to you! I snarf chocolate myself. I've never heard of pumpkin stinging the skin...that would really not be fun...Best to you.
Now that sounds like something I might like...Have a good week!
Post a Comment