Friday, September 11, 2015

New Camera, Same Problem...

I charged the battery for my new Canon Elph 160, and was thrilled when the little green light appeared indicating it was ready for use. Inserting it into the camera, along with the sim card, I then attempted to turn the camera on and Nothing Happened. Dismayed, I followed the instructions twice more with the same result...Nothing...At this point, I am beyond frustrated. I have saved up for this thing, waiting patiently for the day when I could again take photos without worrying about whether the camera would suddenly quit, as my old one did repeatedly in the last years of its life...I did find out that the average life span for a camera of this kind is about four years. I had my old one for seven, so I guess that was lucky. And yes, I am aware that this is a first world problem. Disappointment with a capital "D."

I will be winding my way back to the store at which I made this unfortunate purchase and returning everything tomorrow.

I hope all of you have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Steve Reed said...

What?! Are the battery and data cards inserted correctly (i.e. not upside down)? I can't imagine why this would happen. Have someone at the store check it out for you, and if still won't work, have them replace it with a new one.

e said...

No, there is an arrow on the face of the battery indicating how it is to be inserted, same with the sim card, and I did check and re-do a number of times...

Elephant's Child said...

Good luck. And sigh.

Jenny Woolf said...

Good luck, I hope you get another one that works.

English Rider said...

Is there a plastic protector over either set of contacts?

the fly in the web said...

My little Canon is playing up....won't open...then I'm told to change the batteries...then it decided to take black and white pics and closes down again... I hope the shop sorts this for you asap.