Fixed...For Now...
This is what the closet looked like Saturday night. My neighbor, who built it, came over after work to take a look and said he would get some different anchors and put things right when he was off today.
That was done quickly and efficiently this afternoon. He felt bad about how this DIY turned out and asked me to let him know if further problems occur. I have a free consultation with a closet contractor/designer this week. I'll see what she has to say. Things are holding for now.
8 comments:
I'm glad it has been repaired, at least for now. Hopefully it will hold long-term!
It looks like an easy fix. Just needs some strong brackets.
Good luck!
Well, I'm not waiting to find out...The closet designer explained what he should have done that he did not and it made sense. I'm getting one done that will stay in place at half the cost another contractor quoted me.
Also anchors and correct spacing since two different pieces were used for the shelf...
This next will be the last!
Bing and I have an ongoing argument about repair work. She NEVER wants to consult a professional. She always knows someone (the janitor's son's best friend, etc.) who can do the repair for pennies. We have had some disastrous results with this and some stellar. Even steven. I, on the other hand, will always opt to pay more for the professional and my peace of mind.
Good news!
Post a Comment